Chapter 7 "Waffles?"

"What the fuuuh-"

He had a full grown beard at a considerable length judging it appeared overnight. Slithers of hair turned silver and white. And he packed A LOT of weight. Too much weight...

"Look y/n, I know what you're thinking and I'm thinking the same thing too-"

I booped his stomach to see if it was ACTUALLY his stomach.

"The mirror must be broken!"

"-_- dad...I can see it too-"

"Oh yea-"

"Uhm- Aren't you gonna be late to your-"

"I'M GONNA BE LATE TO MY MEETING"

(insert facepalm here)

My father dashed past me and went back to his room. So it was just me, myself, and I in the bathroom...I walked over to my reflection, "ew"

I looked closer and noticed something- There were speckles of glitter plastered among my cheeks, "The hell?...meh...Charlie prolly did something" I shrugged it off and went back to my room.

I'm enrolled into a public high school, Charlie in a private school, so our schedules differ. I was currently on Christmas break. Thus meaning I could sleep in and pretty much do whatever the hecc I wanted.

A smirk grew on my face as a smol idea came to mind. I reached over for my snowglobe again and shook it.

"-I TOLD YOU!- uhhhhh" Bernard's back was facing me as he appeared in the door frame of the bathroom previously scolding one of the elves I presume.

"Pppftt-"

He swiftly turned around with a "really??" expression. I simply nodded. Then he gazed at me with concern.

"What, something on my face? Or am I just ugly- or both- both seems more realistic-" All of a sudden, he was basically nose-to-nose with my peering down closely at my face with his fingers under my chin tilting my head slightly upwards.

(I'm pretty sure I turned into a strawberry- not because I liked him or anything- but because what the actual fuck-)

"Your cheeks are glittery-"

"And...why are you so concerned about it-"

"Long story short doll, you're turning into an elf-"

"W-wah why?"

"You're an offspring of your father, who is now Santa Claus-"

"What about Charlie?"

"It only occurs to the eldest sibling"

"Ahhh I see..." He was still invading my personal space, I didn't really mind it but I backed away a little. Hopefully he didn't take any offense to that.

"You're not gonna panic or go ballistic and what now?"

"Uhm no? Am I supposed to?"

"You really are something huh?"

"I suppose- thank you Bernard, what happens now?"

"Well, eventually you're gonna have to be working alongside me, at the North Pole"

"That sounds like a dream" I say letting out a long sigh

"Really? People hate working alongside me?"

"I'm sure you're a sweetheart- plus I meant it in a way to escape harsh reality"

"Yea true, once you start working, you'll take the role as the 'number 2 elf'- well- maybe 1.5 since there's already a number 2...you'll meet him soon enough"

"...What about Charlie?" I turned to Bernard with a slight distressed expression. I didn't want our relationship to crumble.

"You can give him your own snowball! Just like mine-"

I sighed with a small bit of relief, "-anyway, do you want waffles...and he's gone again", almost on cue, I looked down to the floor to see yet another sticky note.

'Sorry love, duty calls! I'd like some waffles tho :P'

"Love?...ehhh prolly an elf thing-"