Chapter 8 "Advancements"

A day or two passed and I haven't bothered Bernard since due to dilemmas with the family. Apparently Charlie constantly goes around claiming dad was legitimately Santa. I mean, he's not crazy, in fact, he's right. However, no one would believe him. My mother doesn't particularly like me so I doubt I'd make a difference either. I also felt as if dragging Bernard into the issue would cause a myriad of more problems.

Today was when my dad's restraining order against Charlie was enacted. This suspended his visiting rights.

I was doing what I do on a daily basis, reading the hours away. That is until my dad called me down.

"Y/n, I've decided to take the role of Santa...We're going to the North Pole. But we gotta say goodbye to Charlie first" He said with a voice full of solemn.

"Well...best get going then..."

Utilizing 'Santa's magic', we teleported to the entrance of Charlie's house.

My father hesitantly raised a shaky hand to knock on the door. Once he knocked, it was my mother who opened up.

"Scott, what are you doing here!? You're not supposed to be here!"

"Oh quiet, let my father get his chance to at LEAST say goodbye-" I basically snapped. It was their fault all this had to happen. Who knows what'll happen to Charlie after this.

I walked in alongside my father who went to greet and say his goodbyes to Charlie. It broke my heart so I decided to shut reality out. I couldn't bear to see my own brother and father being forced to separate.

All I really remember was Charlie begging to come along with us.

I was pulled from my thoughts when a familiar voice interrupted us.

"Man this bird is dry- You guys ever heard of basting?" aaand there that little fucker was. Bernard was sitting at their dinner table feasting on the turkey.

"Bernard!" Both Charlie and I exclaimed. I let Charlie run up to him first.

"Heya sport- how's it going doll-"

I playfully rolled my eyes at the pet-name.

"Can I please go with you!"

"It's fine with me" Both looked to my father for an answer. I did as well.

Our mom was heading down the stairs the check on us, so as a last minute resort, we teleported to the North Pole.

-Time skip :P

Charlie and I and this elf named Quinton were currently working on advancements on Santa's sleigh. I've always been a little engineer.

I was working on wiring in the pit of the sleigh until I was interrupted by two familiar voices, "Charlie, y/n, and Quinton all put their heads together to make your sleigh better than ever- I must say, this is the best work that has come out of the workshop in years!"

I smiled and waved at the two with my wiring kit in hand, "Thanks Barnaby!" Bernard returned the nickname with a playful eye roll and walked away with my dad.

"What happens if I fall off the roof!?"

"Then don't fall off the roof dad! It's not that hard!"

-Boom anotha timeskip-

I wiped the sweat off of my forehead as I placed Santa's new and improved suit on the mannequin for testing.

I leaned on the side of the wall, waiting for my father to arrive with Bernard to demonstrate the suit.

"Ahhh there's my little genius!" Bernard exclaims walking into the room alongside my dad, who I now can refer to simply as Santa.

"I'm not little- I'm like 3 inches shorter than you-"

"Your genius daughter manufactured a better than ever suit for you. It's fireproof so there's no fireplace burns for ya" Bernard states clearly meaning to interrupt my comment.

"Extremely durable if I do say so myself" I brag with a smirk.

"Well what if I do if I fall off the roof"

"Just don't!" Both me and Bernard say simultaneously

-Timeskip mlem-

*cue that weird dancing scene from the movie*

Except I didn't dance- I can't dance- I just stood in the corner watching everyone do a weird dance. 

A/N:  Hope you're having a good day :D