Chapter 6 "Was it a Dream?"

I woke up to a clatter. I jolted out of bed to see what was wrong.

"Hey...was it all a dream?..."

I peered over to my father and noticed he was in silky red pajamas

"That's not something he would wear.."

My mother was coming to pick Charlie up from what it looked like. (My father has custody over me, but not my little brother)

Charlie was going on and on about the adventure to the North Pole we had last night.

"I guess it wasn't a dream...unless it was a shared one..."

"Wow, spicing up the pajamas now are we?" My mom jokes on, looking at my dad's attire

"Judy gave it to him!"

"Must've been one of the elves..."

"Judy..." my mother says suspecting my dad of having a girlfriend.

"Oh shut up...you have a boyfriend..."

"Who??" My father asked confused as hell.

"Judy! One of the elves up at the North Pole!"

"Ahh one of Santa's little helpers" my mother snarks sarcastically

"Yea! Last night, Me, Y/n, and dad went with the flying reindeer! It was really neat mom! Dad was Santa, y/n found a boyfriend-"

"What-"

"And we got to see his workshop! Y'know where they make all the toys?"

My mother looked at Charlie as if he's gone insane, "Gee thanks for keeping his feet on the ground"

I decide to barge in "And prevent him from using his imagination? C'mon now let the child live"

My mother looks at my father signaling him to scold me or something but he just smirked.

"Okay, c'mon honey go wait in the car..."

I watched as they all exited the house.

I heard my dad saying that it was all a dream. But in the back of my head, something was telling me there was something in my possession that would prove that claim incorrect.

"The snowglobe!"

I dashed back to my room and looked into the jacket I was wearing that night.

"I got it!" I exclaimed as I grasped the snowglobe. It had a little sticky note attached to it.

"Hey hey Doll! How's it going?

No, it wasn't all a dream. No you weren't hallucinating. :)

Whenever you're feeling down or need help, shake the ball and I'll be right at your side

~Bernard"

A genuine smile grew on my face. It's rare that I actually smile too.

"Hmmm I hope he's not busy or anything" I gave the snowglobe a little shake.

"..." I waited for about 2 minutes, then I fell into a state of doubt.

"Was it all fake?"

"You really think someone like me would do that to someone like you?" A familiar voice interrupted my distressed thoughts. Almost made me jump too.

I looked upwards to see Bernard leaning against my door frame with a smirk.

I ran up to him and he held his arms open. But just before I approached him, I stopped with a smirk, "Hey sir, we just met! I can't just go hugging strangers lad! Plus...what if you're a human trafficker??"

He looked at me with a -_- face, "aight guess I'll be leaving-"

"Wait no-" I grabbed the back of his sweater's collar

"AhcK-" Oop- choked him-

He turned around to face me with a stern look. I sunk back in fear.

"..."

"..."

Then we both started breaking down laughing.

"I'm so so so sorry!"

"Pfft- it's fine doll-" I pulled him into a hug, interrupting whatever he was going to say.

"I'm so glad it wasn't a dream"

"You'd be sooo devastated without me huh?"

"Maybe..." I say as I genuinely begin contemplating.

Just then, I heard my dad scream "AHHH!", I looked back to Bernard to see he's disappeared; however, to my relief, there was a little sticky note left on the ground

"Magic~ ;)"

I playfully rolled my eyes and dashed to where my father was. 

What I saw left me staggered, wide eyes, mouth open.

A/N Sorry if the story is hella slow. I personally like slow stories since it allows the viewer to capture more characteristics of each character