Chapter 17 "Blushy Blushy"

A/n: Short becuz I feel like it :P (I'm not speed-running these chapters, I'm trying my best to make em decent *cries*)

-Time skip-

After a little supervision around the workshop and your father aiding the elves with minor mishaps, you guys came to another stop checking in on the elves working on the tinsels.

You four peered up to a separate elevated floor where the elves working on the tinsel were.

"Hey Joey, how's that static free tinsel going?" Santa calls out to an elf on the upper floor.

Joey peers over his shoulder for a moment, "Hey guys! Santa wants to see the new tinsel!" a surge of giggles and laughter could be heard in the background growing closer and closer. Next thing you knew, Bernard, Santa, and you were coated in tinsel.

"Ahh I could come up there and handle this the ugly way," Santa begins. You on the other hand low-key wanted to bend their knees backwards to see what would happen, "Or...we go outside and play some football!"

The elven boys all cheered and scurried outside while Santa followed.

"Plegh-" You spat out some tinsel that-somehow-entered your mouth earlier.

Bernard ruffled the majority of the tinsel off of him- though few strands remained. He turned and peered downward to Curtis, "Curtis, you need to tell him right now!" You slightly winced at the raise of his voice.

Curtis let out a sigh, "I don't know...He just seems so happy right now...And why do I have to be the one to tell him!?"

Bernard argues back, "Because! I'm the head elf- I don't give bad news" A charming little smirk grows on his face, "It's one of the perks of my seniority."

You decide to butt-in while also wearing your own charming little smirk. You pluck the few strands of tinsel remaining on his hair..and you may or may not have purposely plucked a few hair strands in the process.

Bernard turns to you in shock, Curtis snickers from behind.

You look at him with false innocence on your face, "What? There a few tinsels snagged in there"

His eyes bore into yours, "Really?"

You stifle a chuckle, "Yeah yeah, love you too Barnaby" sarcasm laced your voice...or did it?...anyway, you turned to your heels and followed suit of your father.

Bernard felt a rush of heat surge up to his cheeks, "Why is my face hot?" His hands feathery pattered up his cheeks.

A knowing smirk grew on Curtis's face as he simply strolled away to follow you.

Bernard stood where he was confused, "Curtis! Why'd you smile like that!?"

"Ohhh no reason" Curtis continued walking, still with a smirk plastered on his face

"Wait! Come back!..dammit-" He scurried to his feet to catch up with you guys.

A/n: Decided to cut it short becuz it seemed fitting :/