Chapter 19 "Arising Tensions"

A/N: I apologize if I suck at uploading...last night my dog had started sneezing up blood. It didn't appear as a mere nosebleed, since she would be sneezing continuously if we didn't hold her in a specific position. All is fine now; however, last night we were all under risk of having to put her down. So uhm yea that explains everything :)

You waltz out of the area Curtis, Bernard, and your father were in to follow suit of Judy. Your motherly instincts took over so you wanted to ensure she was okay. She was your favorite elf after all. Or probably second...

"Hey Judy...you sure you don't want me to douse that fucker in hot cocoa?" (The elves are thousands of years old...pretty sure they're okay with swearing lmao)

"As much as I appreciate your insane motherly instincts, nah it's fine" Reassurance laced her voice.

A miniscule wave of calmness streamed through you, you were still uneasy for a myriad of reasons, "I'm still gonna do it...I'll prolly play it off as an accident though heh...say, what's your take on love? Got any wise advice?" You place your chin in your hands awaiting for Judy to fill you in.

"Why do you ask hmmm?" Mischief entwined her voice.

You got all defensive afterwards, "No reason- uhm...ima go check back on the three idiots-" You stood up from where you once sat and paced towards the door to Santa's suite.

"Hey y/n! You'll get your take on love sooner or later...actually, something tells me it's soon" She ended her statement with a few stifled giggles.

You raised your brow as a certain accented elf came to mind, you quickly brushed off the thought. You had to fixate your attention on your brother.

You opened the door to your father shouting into a large microscopic lens, "HOLY MATRIMONY, I GOTTA GET MARRIED?"

"Holy- matrix-married? Who, what, why?" you stumbled over your words, hella confused.

"It's the Mrs. Clause..." Bernard let out an exasperated sigh.

You tilted your head again, "The wah?"

"The Mrs. Clause...your father has to find himself a wife in the next 28 days or he ceases to be Santa." Bernard explains walking towards you and placing a hand on your shoulder. He then peered back down to Curtis with a glare, "because some imbecile overlooked the single most important detail in the history of Christmas!" His voice raised through gritted teeth.

You found yourself in an intimidated submissive state. His hand still remained on your shoulders so you could feel the frustration coursing through him. You contemplated whether you liked it or not. Wait what?

Curtis simply smirked, not really daunted by Bernard's scolding.

You turned your gaze to your father, "Dad, are you on a diet or something? You look approximately 20 pounds lighter, the hell?"

"The Desantafacation-process-has-begun!" Sounded like curtis mashed a thousand words into one. The raise of his voice startled you that you found yourself clinging onto Bernard's coated arm unconsciously. He, on the other hand, was fully aware of it. But he wasn't sure what to make of it. (Hold it bacc dumfuk)

"The desantification process? Are you telling me if I don't get married within 28 days...I don't get to be Santa anymore...?"

Bernard and Curtis slowly nodded their heads.

You could almost feel the pang from his heart-break as he released a sigh of disappointment, "What about the kids? What about the elves? What about you guys?" Santa slumped down into his seat.

You three gazed down at him with eyes of despondency.

Your eyes slowly traveled to your shoulder, noticing a familiar hand.

You had no fucking-clue what to do so you just----stood there---like the distinguished young fellow you are, not wanting to be rude.

You would be able to process what they were talking about, but know you were self aware of Bernard's hand on your shoulder.

"Pay attention you ADHD fuck" you mentally slapped yourself.

"28 days? I have to find a wife by Christmas eve..."

Curtis intruded to correct him, "Actually by Christmas eve"

You rubbed your temples and stifled a few giggles, "Man- I don't know how you're gonna pull that off..."

"Now...it's not entirely hopeless" Bernard placed both of his hands on both of your shoulders in a reassuring manner.

You felt a peculiar tension between you two. The contact made that feeling in your gut from earlier return. He captured your undivided attention for a few seconds, until you seem to have both remembered...ya'll were right in front of your father.

He didn't pay mind to it, considering the current dilemma he was currently enduring.

Your hands found their way gripping your arms as you bit your lip, "What the fuck was that??"

(iss lovveeeee, ps. Sexual tension shall arise soon, just bear with me...I neeeed to let the characters develop a bit more y'know)

Anyway have a wonderful day! :D