teenagers

Valerie was crushing on a girl that was most likely straight. Darryl and I were going to find out whether she was or not.

After computer science, we went to lunch. Darryl and I sat together like always. We invited Valerie to sit with us, but she declined our offer. Probably shy to face her crush.

We sat with our regular group. Darryl and I mostly ignored the others, whispering about how we should learn more about Valerie's crush and learn more about Valerie's crush's type. I knew about her type, but if she was indeed into women, we needed to know her type in women.

Sometimes, we would sneak over to Valerie's table and ask her how could help her. Once I finished eating, Darryl and I left the table and went to a classroom to talk. We went to our advisory classroom. The teacher was still there. We just told him we finished early and went there to chill.

I sat at my chair and Darryl sat on top of my desk.

He sighs. "Do you think we should try to set them up or should we listen to Valerie," he says.

I shrug. "I don't want her to hate us," he looks up at the wall and nods.

I hear a ding from my phone. I take it from my pocket and check the notification. It was from Clay.

🟩Dream/Clay🟩
Where did u two go??

I write back a reply.

You
In advisory I'm talking to Darryl rn

"Who ya texting?" Darryl asks nosily.

Bubbles pop up on my screen, indicating Clay was typing back a response. "Just Clay. He's just asking where we are,"

Darryl nods. "Does he want to talk?" Right as Darryl asks that, Clay responds to my text, asking to talk.

"Yeah, but I think he only wants to talk to me,"

Darryl frowns. "Careful, he might be trying to confess his love for you," Darryl jokes.

I giggle a little. "He probably just needs help with work or something,"

We hear the door creek open. Clay walks over to us and takes a seat next to us. He greets the teacher respectfully.

"I thought it was just you two. I was scared I was about to walk in on you guys fucking," he chuckles. The teacher looks up from his papers to look at Clay, taken aback from Clay's swears.

"Language," Darryl mumbles.

Dream continues to laugh and leans back in his chair. He pulls out his phone from his back pocket. He clicks it on, and navigates to an app where he starts to type.

He presses one final button, and I feel a buzz from my phone.

🟩Clay/Dream🟩
I wanna plan something with u tell Darryl and the teacher to go away

I look over at him and snicker. I type back a response.

You
nooo I want Darryl to stay

Clay gives me a funny looking smirk as he finishes reading my text. I giggle.

Darryl clicks his tongue. "Wow, you guys are texting right in front of me. Two can play it that game, I'm gonna text George," he remarks sassily.