sam and darryl

I woke up with Darryl's back turned to me. He was on his phone scrolling through texts. "Good morning." I whispered in a raspy voice.

"Good morning, Zak." He said turning off his phone as getting out of bed.

I got out of bed after him. "I think we should destroy the fort." I said untucking the covers of the top of the fort.

"Where will be sleeping now?" Darryl asked as he watched me rip the fort down.

"Just in the bed. Nothing special." I moved the pillows to their proper places. Once the bed was made I said, "Let's go downstairs."

Darryl nodded. We climbed down to living room. I saw my parents prepare breakfast in the kitchen. I saw Sam in the living room and rolled my eyes. Sam was always in the living room.

Darry and I sat down on the floor. "Wanna go out with Vincent again?" I asked him.

"Not today. Yesterday you two spent too much money. And I have a headache anyways."

I looked at Darryl. He didn't look to good. I frowned. "I told you not to eat too much sweets."

"I'm sorry! I didn't know." I giggled. He sounded funny.

I looked for things to do. I saw a old board game. I reached for it but before I could grab it I heard my mom. "Breakfast!" She called out.

We walked over to the dining area. There was a plate with pancakes stacked onto each other. Another plate with strips of bacon. A third with 5 sunny side up eggs. A bottle of syrup near the pancakes. 5 plates with a fork on each one.

We thanked my parent for the food and started eating. I grabbed 3 pancakes, an egg, and 2 strips of bacon.

I noticed Darryl's plate. A pancake and a strip of bacon. "You not hungry?" I said while chewing.

"My stomach is still upset from yesterday." He looked up at me while clenching his stomach.

I saw my parents and my sister watch us as we talked. So I just whispered to him as he slowly chewed.

"You should start wearing short sleeves. It's fall buts it's really hot."

"It's fine." He said in a sickly tone while chewing.

I placed the back of my hand on his forehead. "You're burning!" I yelled out.

He grabbed for my hand and placed it off his forehead. "I'm going to the bathroom." He got up from his chair.

I continued to eat as he walked upstairs. I heard the bathroom door open. The sound was followed by the toilet seat dropping down. I heard him start to throw up. As I was about to get up, Sam beat me to it.

I sat back down as Sam got to the bathroom. "You okay?" I heard Sam say to Darryl.

"Mhm. I just ate-" He I could hear him barf into the toilet once again.

"Go on." I hear Sam say.

"Ate a lot of sweets."

I got up from my sear and walked to the bathroom. Sam was sitting down looking up at me. She had her hand on Darryl's back. Darryl was slouched down, facing the toilet. "I told you not to eat so much."

"Don't lecture him! The poor boy is throwing his guts out!" Sam yelled to me. I rolled my eyes and sat on the other side of Darryl.

I held Darryl's chin and made him face me. He was sweating and was tomato red. I frowned. I hated seeing him so sick. "There's a bathroom here. So please. For the love of God change."