fiasco pt. 1

Darryl and I went to Karl's house on Friday, after school. We finished up our game. We did miss a few things like adding fish, or detail to the ocean. The caves were pretty plain too, but if we had the chance we would update it on our own, for fun.

We arrived. I had forgotten to buy a gift, but Darryl came prepared and had a pretty gift bag in his hands. We walked to Karl's house with Sam and Ant. It was pretty awkward between Sam, me, and Darryl, but Darryl tried to make small talk with me and Ant.

Karl's house was full of Halloween decorations, even though Halloween was 2 weeks ago. We knocked on their door, and Karl opened it. He looked happy to see us.

"Yay! Bad, Sam, Zak, and Ant are here!" Karl called out to Niki. I heard her laugh and saw her wave at us.

We walked in and only saw the two of them there. "Where's the others?" I ask

"They're on their way right now." Karl said looking down at text messages on his phone.

Darryl handed Niki his gift, and she thanked him. The four of us wished her a happy birthday. We heard a loud boy at the door. We turn our head and see a boy in a dark blue beanie and dark blue sweater stood in the door way, screaming happy birthday.

"Alex!" Karl called out, happily. "Look Niki, Alex is here!"

Niki giggled, "I see Karl, hi Alex!"

The boy in the blue beanie, Alex, waved and walked over to us. He took a seat between Darryl and Niki. He pointed at Darryl's face, "I know you. You're badboyhalo!"

Darryl nodded his head slightly. Karl cleared his throat loudly to get our attention, "Look who's here guys!"

He stepped aside to show the door way which had 3 boys standing under the frame. One had deep green hair. He was extremely tall, I didn't know who he was so I assumed he was the other Sam. Next to him was a curly brown haired boy, Wilbur. He was only a grade level above us, but he was also really intimidating. He had a guitar. The last boy was a blonde boy who was obviously Luke. He had a pure white sweater on along with a few gold chains.

The dining table in Karl's kitchen was full of different foods. There was pumpkin pie, cookies, chicken, and steak. In the center was a big, white, cake, with the words, "Happy birthday Niki!" in bright red frosting.

We all took a seat somewhere in the living room. Darryl and I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table. Karl pulled out a bunch of party hats and a small box of uno cards. He tossed all of us a hat and set uno on the coffee table.

He explained how to play uno to us, "Each person gets 7 cards. There's a card in the middle and you have to play a card that matches the color or number. Then the next player goes. If you can't play, draw from the pile. If you get +4 the next player has to draw 4 cards and you can change the color. If you play +2 the next person has to draw 2 cards. If you play a +4 and the next person also has +4, they can play it and the person after them would have to draw 8 cards. Same goes with +2. If you play a skip, the next person gets skipped. If you play a reverse card, the cycle reverses. You have to say uno when you have one card. If you don't and someone else says it for you, you have to draw 4 cards. First one with no cards win."

The rest of the people sat on the floor too, so they can be next to the coffee table. The order went Niki to Karl to Wilbur to Luke to green haired Sam to Alex to Darryl to me to Ant to my sister, Sam and then back to Niki.