cover blown

I walked up to the two. Darryl looked distressed and Sam looked angry.

"What's going on?" I asked the two, as I stood beside Darryl.

"Darryl tried to kiss me."

I raised an eyebrow at Darryl. He looked upset and uncomfortable. "That's not true! Sam asked me out on a date again and I told her I'm in a relationship."

I knew Sam was lying. "Sam, why are you lying."

"You're my brother you should be siding with me." Sam complained.

I narrowed my eyes in annoyance, "I know Darryl's in a relationship. He would never do that. Plus, we all know how thirsty you are to date Darryl, Sam."

Both of their faces flushed. "How do you know he's not cheating."

I scoffed. Sam was really getting on my nerves, so I did what I knew I would regret. I pulled Darryl by the collar, pulling him in to kiss me. We held the kiss for a few seconds before he pulled me away. "Zak!? In front of your sister? We were supposed to keep this on the down low."

I laughed as my face heated up. Me and Darryl's face were burning red and we looked at Sam who was in shock. "Clay and George already know. It's fine."

Sam's jaw dropped. "You snitch and you're dead."

Sam closed her mouth and nodded. "Can we do that again?" I ask Darryl cunningly.

Darryl pointed at Sam, who was still standing there. I rolled my eyes and cupped Darryl's face in my hands. "Can you leave?" I told my sister sassily. She walked away, in shock. I trusted her to keep quiet.

I kissed Darryl passionately in that hall where we shared our first kiss. He pulled me away to breathe, but we decided to go back to the cafeteria after that so they wouldn't suspect anything.

Darryl bought his food and sat with the group. Sam seemed tense and out of place. Darryl took a seat between me and George.

We ate in silence before a young boy came up to Darry and tapped on his shoulder. They whisper-talked until Darryl scooted over, leaving a space for the boy to sit.

Darryl cleared his throat. "This is my brother, Anthony, but you can call him Ant."

He waved at us and a few people like George, Geo, and Vincent waved back. He was a freshman while the rest of us were juniors.

Clay whispered to Sam, "How'd it go?"

"He's taken," Sam fumed.

George scoffed, "Told you."

Darryl laughed slowly. "Darryl, you're taken?" Geo asked.

I nodded barely, so Darryl could tell the group he was. I wasn't ready for the rest of the group to know, but he couldn't lie because Sam just said it for him. He nodded while chewing on the straw of his milk carton.

His brother nudged him on the shoulder and Darryl smiled lightly at him. "And you didn't tell us?" Vincent scoffed.

"Sorry." Darryl said softly.

Karl cleared his throat, "Hey, do you guys know that girl, Niki?"

Darryl, George, Clay, and Nick nodded their heads. "Her birthday was a few days ago and I was wondering if you guys would want to come to her birthday party. I'm planning it. It's this Friday."

"Sure. I sang her happy birthday earlier today," Darryl answered.

"I'll come too," I said.

"Great! A few other people are coming too. There's Luke, boy Sam, Wilbur, Alex."

Darryl and I nodded in unison. I didn't know who Alex and boy Sam was, but I knew Wilbur was a very popular senior. Luke was a friend of Darryl's group.

"It's going to be a small party, but Alex and Wilbur are great partiers!" Karl exclaimed, "What about the rest of you, are you guys coming."

"Can't," Clay answered, "I have to go to a convention."

"My parents are home on Friday, so I have to stay there because I see them like once a month," George added.

"The idots plus Vincent are having their monthly hangout," Geo said.

"I'm going to my cousin's house that day," Said Nick.

"Aww man," Karl frowned, "What about you guys?" Karl signaled to Sam and Ant.

"I'll go since my brother is," Ant muttered.

"I'll go too."

Karl clapped his hands. "Yay! I'll go tell Niki."  He got up and ran to the other table to tell and told a black haired girl with two blonde streaks. She smiled at Karl as he whispered words. She nodded and Karl walked back to us.

"Ok. It's going to be at my house at 5:00 this Friday."

I nodded and sipped on my milk. I dropped my milk carton on my tray. "I'm done."

"Me too. Wanna go to the computer lab to finish up the game?" Darryl asked, signaling to the exit of the cafeteria. I nodded and we got up to headed to the computer lab.

"Darryl," I called, "We should tell the rest of our friends."

"About what?" Darryl asked as we approached the computer lab.

"About us," I said, "I told Sam, Schaltt is gone. We have no reason to hide."

He looked over to me. I knew the only reason we kept the relationship a secret was because of his homophobic parents and I hadn't come out yet, but I thought it was a good idea.

"I don't think I'm ready," Darryl said as he pushed open the door. We were in the computer lab so I decided to keep quiet.

The teacher greeted us, "Hello boys, are you here to work on the project?" We nodded, "Smart, the project is due this Friday so try to finish by then."

I sighed as we sat down. Darryl turned on the computer and located the file. He opened it and I started coding a spider. The spider could drop spider eyes, which if you are, it was poisonous, and it was able to climb walls.

Then we started coding ores. They were one of the things you could mine. We just created the designs and made them mineable. We created coal, iron, red stone, lapis, and diamonds.

Lunch was over by the time, so we went to our classes.

I honestly didn't want to finish this project. This was my only project with Darryl. This was the only class I was able to talk to Darryl in.

——————————————————————————
Thank you for reading part 24 :)

Feel free to give suggestions and vote if you enjoyed!
——————————————————————————

Short chapter but I didn't know how to end it qwq