F I F T E E N

Violet walked the steps up to her house. "Hey" She smiled to Luke who was perched against a support beam. "hey." 

"I'm sorry for over stepping." Violet stopped in front of him. "I just needed to get out.." Luke trails off. "You don't have to say anything.."  She explained.

"Yea, I do. I didn't have many regrets in my life except for running out on my parents. Especially my mom, so, thank you." He looked into her eyes. 

"you've helped me connect with my mom, so.. I wanted to do the same for you." Violet lifts her head. 

"that was perfect." Luke breathes out before connecting their hands. They both smile, "Ever know how this actually works?" Violet asks.

"No idea." Luke laughs. 

"I actually did some research about it." She brings up.

"Research?" He raises his eyebrows. 

"Yes... Don't make fun of me." Violet whines. 

"Tell me about your said research then." Luke looks down at her. 

"It said that, since we've been spending so much time together, that I am somehow attached to your soul and that's how we can touch." She explains to Luke.

"Cool," He wraps his arm around her shoulders, "That was a little interesting relationship you and I had to begin with."

They both chuckle.

"Oh my Gosh, I almost forgot to tell you!" Violet removes his arm, but keeps his hand and takes his other, "Flynn said that the video Julies dad made is trending on YouTube!" She excites, swinging their hands around. Luke chuckles at her excitement, "I'm guessing that's a good thing." 

"It means people love our music." She shouts, jumping on him. Luke laughs, catching her. "we'll definitely be getting calls from managers now." 

"Hey, uhm..." Luke sets her down, "There's something I have to tell you."

"What is it?" Violet scrunches her eyebrows. 

"We figured out that we have unfinished business. That's why we came back as ghosts." He explained.

"And that is...?" She looks up at him.

"We have to play the show that we never got to play." 

"The Orpheum." Violet finished. 

Luke suddenly stumbled backward into the support beam. "Luke! What's going on? Are you okay?" She rambled. 

"We don't have a lot of time." Luke held his side. "Tell me what that was." Violet demanded. 

"We did something we shouldn't have. The night we missed the dance, we met this ghost and he put a curse on us. And if we don't do what he says, then those jolts will destroy us." Luke explained.

"You have to do what he says! What does he want?"

"He wants us to be in his house band for eternity. But, if we can play the Orpheum soon, then we can avoid all that and actually cross over."

"Cross over...?" Violet looks up, "like what.. Heaven?"

"That's what were banking on." 

"So.. It's either you cross over, be in his band for eternity, or be destroyed by those jolts?" 

"yea..."

"That's just great..." Violet looks down before running into her house. 

"Lottie!" Luke calls.