T W O

"okay, let's do this." Mr. Molina says before Carlos, Violet, Julie, and him hold hands. Julie and Violet sharing a seat. Carlos lets out a prayer about the mighty microwave. Amen is said all through-out the table. "So... Carlos tells me you were out in the studio with Violet today?" Mr. Molina asks his daughter. "She was out there talking to herself." Carlos said. "No, I was talking to V." 

"hello." Is heard down the hall. Violet quickly jumps into the empty seat, "thank you Violet." Julies dad thank her, she nods in return. 

Their aunt marches in, "Spaghetti again?" "yeah." "That's too bad. I brought some of my pasteles and arroz con pollo." "That actually sounds so good right now." Violet says before being kicked by Julie. "what?" 

"Thanks Tia, it smells great." Julie compliments, "It really Tia V." Violet adds. "you can have it tomorrow. Violet, I'm sure you'll be here." Aunt Victoria put the food in the fridge, "I can't let y'all have left overs every night, my sister would kill me, may she rest in piece. "I see things are going better." "actually..." Is all Violet hears before spacing out. All she could think about was Sunset Curve. Wondering how her mom got her hands on a demo, signed poster, and shirt. Maybe she knew them. What happened to that Bobby guy, he didn't die. So.... where was he? Do the boys still look the same? Do ghosts age, well, guess they don't. Hmmm-' Violets thoughts are broken by a scream. "That's me. Ripping off the Band-Aid. ahhh." Julie awkwardly chuckles. Violet laughs thinking of the Band-Aid jingle. 

"there's my brave girl." Aunt V squeezes Julies cheeks. "you shouldn't be here." Julie whispers. "I'm just trying to help mija." Aunt V says. "Oh.. she didn't mean it like that. She meant you should...-" Violet trails off, trying to figure out something to say. "Pilates, I mean you should be at Pilates. Thanks for bringing us food." Julie looks at the door, Violet, then her Tia. "now, that you're out of the music program, you can start focusing on things that matter." 

Violet stops mid-chew and stares at Julies aunt, 'did she just say what I think she said?'  Awkward silence abrupt the table. "You did get the school email, correct?" Aunt V asks. Violet starts to look at her nails. "yea, we're still discussing it." Mr. Molina answers. "I'm off to Pilates, Bueno." 

Carlos and Violet tried to change the subject but it doesn't work. Mr. Molina signals them out, "I'll be in my car." Violet whispers before walking off.  

Violet looked at the picture of her mother and her that hung around the mirror inside the car with a smile before hitting play on the CD Player. 'Take off, last stop...'  She smiles.

All of a sudden music blared from the garage, Violet got up and took off, wanting to watch this but was sad when it stopped because of Julie. Violet got there right after Julies dad did. "Dad! V!" Julie exclaims. "hey." "I Just wanted to see if you were okay." Violet and her dad respond. "I'm fine, just had to turn off the CD Player." 

"Is this the junk that was in the loft?" Mr. Molina looks at the guitars, drums, and microphones. "Junk?" Violet and Luke both say, he stares at her for a second. "yeah, junk." Mr. Molina repeats. They all watch him hit the drums. "Some of this stuffs in pretty good shape." he continues to hit making Violet and Alex's eyebrows lift slightly. "hey, maybe we could make a few bucks." 

"or you could learn how to properly play the drums?" Violet asks. Julies dad still touches the drums, "Yo, stop touching my drums. Tell him to stop touching my drums." Alex looks at Julie. "I like that song you were playing." Mr. Molina told Julie.

"Sweet! We're--" "Sunset Curve." Luke gets interrupted by Violet. He looks at her. "tell your friends." Reggie tells Mr. Molina. "It was just some old CD I found." Julie said. "That's nice. It's nice that you're listening to music again. Out here, you can play whatever you want, whenever you want." Mr. Molina says.