E I G H T E E N

Julie fixes her lipgloss in the dressing room mirror as Violet sits on the couch with a depressed look on her face. "Hey Julie, Violet. I got your roadie." Rob calls from outside the door. "Come in!" Julie answers. 

Flynn walks through the door before Rob does as well. "Holograms are ready to go boss!" she smiles. "Best Roadie ever!" Julie informs Rob. "I'll be back in a few minutes to walk you two to the stage." Rob tells Julie and Violet. "thanks Rob." Julie looks at him. "Thank you." Violet mumbles. Rob then leaves the room.

"Do you guys see this backstage pass! I had Sushi with Brendan Urie!" Flynn fangirls, not noticing Violets sad face. "good for you. I threw up in the car on the way over here." Julie presses a smile. "And you still look amazing. I made friends with the tech crew! You're gonna love what we have planned!" Flynn freaks.

"That's great." Violet sits up. "What's wrong?" Flynn notices her frowny expression. "my stomach has nonstop been doing flips since I stepped foot in my car." She glances at the floor. "Listen, you guys will do fine. How do I know that you may ask. I know that because that's what you do. You turn your nerves into adrenaline once you get up on the stage. You're gonna kill it." Flynn makes Violet smile. 

"oh the guys are here, right?" Flynn smirks. "As far as I can see.... no." Violet frowns. "wait.. you don't think they changed their minds and took Calebs offer, right?" Flynn furrows her eyebrows. "They wouldn't do that." Violet says. "Yeah, that's the last thing they want." Julie agrees. 

"We should get some snacks." Flynn brightens up and grabs a bowl, sitting next to Violet, Julie following. Julie and Flynn grab some of the food from the bowl as Violet just sits there. "Vi, are you sure you don't want any?" Julie asks. "I'm sure, I'd probably throw it right back up." Violet replies. They all have a group hug before Rob calls from behind the door, "Hey Julie, Violet, it's time." 

"just a second!" Julie calls as she paces the floor. She walks to Flynn and Violet with a worried face. "Something's wrong..." Violet mumbles. "Yeah, the boys were getting those jolts pretty bad as we left." Julie continues. "They wouldn't stand us up again." Violet carries on. "They must have run out of time.." Julie finishes. Flynn looks at them with a sad face, "I'm sorry guys."

"They didn't cross over... They're gone." Julie looks down, "and I didn't even get to say goodbye." Flynn gets up to hug her as Violet stays on the couch with endless thoughts and emotions running through her. "Hey Julie, Violet, You're on!" Rob tells them from behind the door.

Julie suddenly runs out and Flynn follows her. 

Violet lets out a shaky sigh as Rob walks in, "Where did Julie and her roadie go?" Violet stands up and looks at him with tears falling down her face, "Do you know where a bathroom is aside from the one in this dressing room?" 

"Down the hall, on the left." 

Violet rushes out the door and down to the room he just described directions to. She grabs the edges of the sink, staring into the mirror. She sighs and wipes the tears away, "You can do this.." She continues staring into the mirror for a few more seconds before turning away. 

Millions of thoughts rush through her head, "Can I do this?" She questions herself. Scoffing, she roughly wipes her tears away again and walks out of the bathroom.

Violet walks down the hall before bumping into someone, "Sorry." her voice still cracks. "Violet?" The mystery person questions, "Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." Violet walks away but the unknown person grabs her arm. "Vi, seriously." 

Violet sighs before gaining a confused expression by looking at the person, Carrie. "What do you want?" 

"I want to see if you're okay." Carrie looks at her.

"Why do you even care?" Violet furrows her eyebrows.

"We're cousins! Of course I care about you. I know you probably hate me for kicking you out of Dirty Candy, but-" Carrie tells her.

"I could never hate you Car (pronounced 'Care'). No matter what you do to me." Violet cuts her off.

"What's wrong?" Carrie asks her.

"The hologram projector isn't working... Meaning, we can't contact the boys..." Violet looks down, "Meaning, our show at the Orpheum is ruined..." 

"What does that matter?" Carrie shrugs.

"Excuse me?" Violet made a face. 

"What does it matter? You two can do it on your own. You don't need the holograms." Carrie comforts her.

"How do you know?" 

"Because I've seen it. You and Julie are gonna do great out there. And the tech crew will do all they can to fix it. Until then, you get off your depressed ass and give that crowd a show they'll be talking about 'til the some comes up and even after." Carrie points to her. 

Violet chuckles thinking of Lukes pep talk with the band. She gives Carrie a smile, "you know what?" 

"What?"

"I'm gonna be the big, bad bitch I am and rock out that damn stage!!" Violet gives a grin.

"Hell yeah you are!" Carrie cheers.

Violet turns around and before she could walk away, Carrie smacks her butt.

"What the fuck?" Violet turns back and laughs.

Carrie just shrugs, "I'm gonna head back. Remember to rock out the show!" 

"Will do!" 

Violet walks back and runs into Julie and notices her posture. She smirks, "What gave you the willpower?" 

"A dahlia, you?"

"Carrie." 

They walk over to Rob and Flynn. Julie shows the flower, "Signs." 

Violet and Julie continue walking to the stage.

"Wait, where are you going?!" Flynn shouts to them.

"They're going on stage!" She continues.

"Hold on," Rob freaks with wide eyes, "Julie and Violet just walked on stage." 

"Those are my girls!" Flynn grins.