E I G H T

Violet, Julie, and Flynn sneak their way to the front door of the Wilson house, "I can not believe I am here right now." Violet says with an angry look. Flynn trips making her chuckle a little.

They then, ring the doorbell. "hey." Julie and Flynn chorused. "What are you three doing here? How'd you get over the security gate?" Carrie asked. "Teamwork. Do you have a Band-Aid? The barbed wire's new." Julie opens her hands. "What do you want?" Carrie pushes. "uh... Just thought you should know that Julie and Violet's band is preforming at the dance tonight." Flynn comes up with. "Wow, just kicked you out and not even a week later, you're already with someone else?" Carrie laughs. "That sounds familiar." Violet scoffs. "you guys are acting even weirder than usual." Carrie ignores Violet. "Probably because we're thirsty." Julie says, "Can we come in for a glass of water?" "fine, if it'll make you leave faster." Carrie lets them in. "Don't break anything." 

Julie and Flynn walk in sneakily, while Violet walks in like she doesn't wanna be there. They all look around, trying to find the boys, "Where are you?" Julie whispers. "I'm right here." Someone laughs. "oh, Hey Nick!" Violet greets because it's only Carrie she had a fall out with. "Nick. Look, V, Flynn, It's Nick." Julie sees him, "Nickster, Nicky-poo, Nick-a-licious. Make it stop" It takes all Violet had in her to not laugh. "Hey! Glad you're here, Nicky-poo. We wanted to tell you that Julie and Violet's band is playing at the dance." Flynn tells him. "Oh yeah, no, I saw you're post." Nick informs them. 

"These girls bothering you, babe?" Carrie asked holding 3 drinks somehow. 'Oh, wow. She can actually do something right.' Violet thinks. "No, Just telling us about the dance tonight." Nick answers. "Oh yeah! Julie and her hologram band are playing." Carrie purposefully left out Violet. She hands us the drinks, "How'd you learn how to do all that hologram stuff anyways?" "The internet. It's not just full of makeup tips." Julie sasses making Violet stifle a laugh. 

"What do you say babe?" Nick asks. "Sure, let's check out the hologram show." Carrie smirks, sitting down. "Great, I'll make sure all my buddies are there." Nick smiles. "ooh! How exciting." Carrie plasters a fake smile. "Better than Dirty Candy." Violet coughs. "What was that?" Carrie glares at her. "You heard me." Violet glares back. "You girls know where the door is, right?" Carrie clears her throat. "yeah." Julie bends down, spilling her water. Carrie rolls her eyes, about to get up. "Oh, let me help you with that." Violet smirks and goes to bend down, but instead dumps her whole cup on the floor. "OH! I am... so sorry." she apologizes. "V and I will help clean this." Julie excuses them. "They know where the towels are." Flynn explains to Nick and Carrie. 

Julie and Violet sneak up the stairs, "Guys! For your sake, you better not be up here." Julie whispers. 

They snuck through the kitchen, out the door, outside, where they found the boys.

"So, did you guys have fun in there?" Julie asked. "okay, you'd do the exact some if he stole all your songs." Luke fixed his pants. "But, you have new songs with me. with Julie. with us." Violet said. "this best way for this band to get back at Trevor is to great again." Julie starts. "And to do great, we have to play at dances, then clubs.." Violet continues looking at Luke. "and tours. I know." Luke finishes, stepping forward. "I'll see you guys at the school, we go on at 9:00." Julie informs the boys. "Please don't be late. There's gonna be a lot of people there." Violet begs. "we got it, alright? Don't worry." Alex says. Julie sighs and walks away. 

"Hey, Luke, can I talk to you for a sec?" Violet asks. "in private?" "Yeah, we'll go over here." Luke walks more by the jacuzzi and yellow chairs. "please don't be late. That's all I ask. I don't wan-" Violet starts. 

(F L A S H B A C K - S T A R T S)

Luke sat at the end of Violets bed on a late, Saturday night. "When I was in the 4th grade, I had a talent show. I said I would only be good if they, as in my parents," Violet looked at Luke who nodded, "came, so they promised too, they even said they'll be there 2 hours early. Next thing I know, It's over and I'm still backstage. They weren't even home, it turns out my mom had to leave across the country and forgot about me. The funny thing is, I still forgave them and yet, they did it more than 5 times after that." 

(F L A S H B A C K - E N D S)

"You don't want it to happen again." Luke finishes, "I know." Violet smiles, "It'll mean the world to me." she goes for his hand, but it passes through. They both sigh. "I'll only be good if you're there." Violet looks up at Luke. "Don't say that." Luke stares into her eyes, "you'll be good all the time." She smiles. "I gotta go.." she sighs. "oh.." Luke says. "I'll see you at the dance." Violet smiles brightly. "I'll see you then." Luke waves. 

~~~

"Do we have any Bobcats in the house?!" Flynn yells into the mic at the DJ stand as Julie and Violet dance their way up to the stage. Flynn motions to the side of the stage. Violet and Julie make their way to the side. 

"How y'all feeling?" Flynn yells down to us. "I'm a little nervous." Julie admits, "same here." Violet says. 

"You'll be fine. All your guys gear is backstage, come on." Flynn motions back.

The girls meet backstage, "Oh my gosh! You guys look amazing!" Flynn compliments.  "you too!" "Thanks." Violet and Julie hug her. "it's my moms. I finally went through her stuff." Julie holds out her arms. "She would've loved that you wore that." Flynn says. "She definitely would've." Violet agrees. 

"Are the guys here?" Flynn flips her hair. "no, but they will be. Luke kno- They know how important this is to us." Violet smiles. 

~~~

"Is everybody fired up for JV and the Phantoms?" Flynn hypes up the crowd. "Great! Keep that fire 'cause that's later. We're a bit behind schedule, but don't worry, enjoy these mind-blowing beats." She walks over to Violet and Julie. 

"JV and the Phantoms?" Julie asks. "I had some free time in French and before you say anything, I know JV sounds like Junior Varsity which sucks but it's the best thing-" "we love it." Violet cuts Flynn off. "Good because it's already registered on Insta, Snapchat, Twitter.." "Don't worry, we love it." Julie comforts her. "But we'd love it even more if the actual Phantoms were here." Violet sighs. 

Flynn points behind Julie as Violet walks to a corner and sits with her journal and pen. All the stress and worries are starting to get to her head. She continues to sit in her sorrows while Julie freaks out with Nick. "Nick! Look Flynn, V. It's Nick." but they were already gone. "Thanks for the introduction." Nick laughs. "so you made it..." is all that Violet hears before being drowned in her thoughts. Her hand continues to write without her even realizing. 

"Broken glass, I knew from the start that we'd never last

But it happened so fast
You took my hand and convinced me you'll be here until the end
Wouldn't break, just bend

Told myself I wouldn't fall
Now I'm back, learnin' to crawl
And I hate to see
Something I love makin' fun of me
Now we're hangin' in the room
Some with doubt we don't belong
Gets harder and harder to breathe

Why do I dive head into the water?
Sinkin' deep down, you're pullin' me farther
I try, I try, I try but can't deny
I can't form a sound, you're love's makin' me drown

Hit a wall, somehow it always ends up my fault
And all the pieces fall
It ain't right, all of my words turn into a fight
And it keeps me up at night

Told myself I wouldn't stay
Didn't think it'd be this way
And I hate to see
Something I love makin' fun of me
Now we're hangin' by a thread
Million thoughts gone through my head
And it hurts everytime I breathe

Why do I dive head into the water?
Sinkin' deep down, you're pullin' me farther
I try, I try, I try but can't deny
I can't form a sound, you're love's makin' me drown

You're love's makin' me drown

Why do I dive head into the water?
Sinkin' deep down, you're pullin' me farther
I try, I try, I try but can't deny
I can't form a sound, you're love's makin' me drown

You're love's makin' me drown
You're love's makin' me drown"