Friendships and Family

Namjoon was the best thing that ever happened to me.

        We took long walks together, went to the movies together, I was always over at his house when I wasn't at Rachel's and even his smile would brighten up my mood. You would think as much as we are going out to spend time with each other, you would say that we were dating.

        Wrong.

        I loved Namjoon, but it seemed we would always be just best friends. We acted like it too, even though he doesn't know what my real feelings are. We would wrestle each other, pick on each other, and do what all best friends always did.

        Sometimes though, Namjoon would joke around with us being in a relationship and always ending with, "Wouldn't that be just weird?" He laughed. My heart sank as I agreed. He threw arm around around me, making my pulse go up.

        "I love you, Sungmin." Najoon said. "Let's be best friends forever." Ouch, that kind of hurt. Being friend zoned and all. I took a shaky breath in. "I hope so too." I looked at the ground.

        "Sungmin, is something wrong? Did I do something?" Namjoon studied me. We were both standing in the school hallway. Before I could answer, Rachel came up and give Namjoon and I a back hug. Rachel saved me from me lying to Namjoon. Namjoon's mood changed as he turned around and said hey to Rachel.

        Namjoon's mood always changed though when Rachel shows up. He would smile at her differently than he would smile at me. Looked at her differently than he looked at me. He even acted different when she was around. Sometimes it made me uncomfortable that they may like each other and haven't told me. So that afternoon I came to settle it when I went over to Rachel's.

        "Do you like Namjoon?" I sat in her bed awkwardly. She stopped in her tracks.

        "Why wouldn't I." She said. I held my breath. Crap she does like him. "He's our best friend." I let out my breath. Thank God. Rachel looked at me as I began to bit my lip and fold my hands together. She studied me until she popped up the question.

        "Do you like him?" She came over and sat next to me. I didn't responded, but only putting my head down to hide my blushing. Rachels gasps and stood up, pointing at me.

        "Oh so you do like him!" I lifted my head, with my eyes wide. "No! Well... I... I... Fine I do." I let out. Rachel sat back down and clutched my arm.

        "How cute, wait till he finds out." She squealed.

        "No You can't tell him! Rachel you have to promise never to tell him!" I looked at her. She smiled and promised.

        "But, why won't you tell him." Rachel questioned.

        "Because I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way and if I do tell him, I might lose the friendship we have now." I bit my lip hard.

        "Oh..." was all Rachel said. We sat in silence for awhile until my phone buzzed of a text message.

        Namjoon: Hey, I'm bored. Want to hang out at our cafe? :)

        My heart skipped a beat. Rachel leaned over and read the message. She smiled from ear to ear.

        "Don't you say a word about it Rachel!" Rachel giggled and pushed me to stand up.

        "Go." She said. My face turned red and I replied to the text.

        Me: I'd love too. Be there in 5.