Pieced Back Together

The principle was kind enough to give me a ride to the hospital. Once I reach the hospital I thanked him and headed inside. I walked up to the desk and told the nurse, who sat behind the desk, my mother’s name.

        “What relation do you have with her miss?” She asked.

        “I’m her daughter.” I said.

        “Oh dear!" I’m glad the school let you out to come here. You must be very excited.” She clapped her hands together. I nodded and smiled.

        “It will just be for minute, so please wait in our waiting room.” I nod and go sit down in the waiting room. I pull out my phone and text Jin that I won’t be at lunch and that I’m at the hospital to see mom. Within seconds he replies. He must be texting in class.

        Jin: Darn, I wanted to see you. But is it true? Your mom is alive?

        Me: Shocking right? But I’m really glad, but we can have dinner together tonight if you want.

        Jin: I’d like that.

        I heard my name be called out and I stand up to follow the nurse through series of hallways to get to my mother’s room.

        “Here we are. “ The nurse opens the door and I ran inside.

        “Mom!” I cry out. I run over to her as she sits up.

        “My sweet Sungmin.” I sit on the bed and she cups both hands on my face. I smile and begin to cry

        “I’m so sorry that all of this, everything happened.” She looks up at me.

        “No mom, it’s okay.” I said, but she just shakes her head.

        “I promise, when we go home, that it will get much better. Have a new start.” She said.

        “I’d love that.” I smiled.

        I stayed there with my mother for quite awhile. We talked back and forth about what we want to do when he gets better also I vaguely explained that Rachel and I aren't on good terms. On the bright side, not to make her worry, I told her about Jin and how we have so much in common, and that all the things we did, leaving out all the almost a couple moment details of it. I look at the clock that hung on the wall in the room and I didn’t realised I have been here for so long.

        “Mom, I’ll come back and visit you tomorrow, okay?” I got up off the bed

        “There’s no need for that” She said.

        “What do you mean?” I asked.

        “Their releasing me from the hospital later tonight.” She laughed.

        “That’s great! See you at home mom.” I said cheerfully and left the room. I skip walked down the hallway and out to the lobby. I pulled out my phone and called Jin.

        “Hey beautiful.” I giggle when Jin picked up.

        “Hey change of plans. Just want to meet me at my house? I’ll explain everything later.” I said.

        “Of course, but I can pick up wherever you are at.” Jin said.

        “I’m at the hospital.” I walk outside. 

        “Great, I’m just right around the corner.” Jin hung up the phone. In a matter of minutes Jin pulls up and gets out.

        “Hey.” Jin said and goes to open the car door for me.

        “Hey.” I smile at him and get in. Jin gets back in on his side and we head to my house.

        “So are we going to clean the house up before your mom gets home?” Jin asked as I find the key to open the door of my house.

        “Yes, Is that okay?” I unlock the door and we both head in.

        “It’s perfect, as long as I’m with you.” Jin and I go through the cabinets and pulls out all the cleaning products that we can find.

        “Let’s get started then.” I hand Jin a mop and I go grab my IPod and play some dance music while we clean.

        Through out this time the cleaning that we were doing, turned in a cleaning dance party. I danced while I was picking up beer bottles and wiping counters off in the kitchen, while Jin danced with a mop. We laughed at each other how badly we dance, but we still had fun. We finished cleaning the kitchen and head over to the living room. A slow song came one and I went over to change it to a fast song. As I reached for my IPod I felt Jin grab my wrist.

        “Leave it. I’m tired of just dancing with just a mop.” He pulls me towards him and wraps his arms around me, placing his hand on my waist. I awkwardly put my hands on Jin’s shoulders.

        “Here, let me show you.” Jin smirked. He took one of my hands and placed it in his hand and moved my other hand to his shoulder.

        “Now follow me.” Jin said. I nodded as we moved forward, side, back, side, repeat. After a couple rounds of this I got the hang out it and locked my eyes with Jin. He pulled me closer and placed both hands on my waist. Our foreheads touch and I can ever so slightly see his smile.

        “Can I kiss you?” Jin asked for permission. My mind went straight to thinking about Namjoon. Namjoon doesn’t care about me anymore so why keep chasing after him? I've never kissed a guy anyways so I’m going to make this night the night I drop all my memories of Namjoon and fall in love with a guy who is realistic.

        I smiled back and he ever so gently, kissed me passionately. I think I can finally say I have gotten over Namjoon.

        Still slow dancing we stayed like this for quiet awhile. I even forgot what we were actually doing. Jin was still pecking at my lips every so often as we swayed back and forth. The song ended and I realized we still had a lot to do. I hugged Jin ever so tightly and broke away. We then picked back up on cleaning the living room.

        When we finished cleaning the whole house, I went into the living room and plopped down on the couch in exhaustion. Jin also exhausted, took a seat beside me and put his arm around me.

        “Does this mean we’re dating now?” I asked Jin. Jin looked at me and smiled.

        “Mh, not quite yet.” His smile spread wider on his face. I don’t say anything back, but I do feeling like he has a plan and won’t tell me. I seem really confused. Jin presses me down on the couch and we cuddle up together. I close my eyes slowly and find myself asleep.

        I wake up to a car pulling in the driveway. I look around and see that Jin has already left and I reach over to check my phone, of course he would text me. I smile down at my phone at a cute text he sent me. I look up from my phone and hear the door open.

        “Mom!” I run over to help her walk into the living room. She takes a seat and looks around.

        “The house looks different. Looks clean.” She said still looking around.

        “I had some time on my hands and had a friend help me out. Thought you might like coming home to a clean house.” She lays down and I grab a blanket to cover her. She closes her eyes and drifts off to sleep.

        “Sleep well mom.” I said. I reached down and kissed her forehead. I walk up to my room and go to bed as well. I dread waking up for school tomorrow and I would skip, but I would have to deal with Jin probably coming to get me anyways. I lay down and try to get some more sleep.