News

I stir my coffee with the tiny straw, watching the cream mix to a light brown as Jungkook sits in front of me blabbing away at some seagull he saw when he went to the beach over the summer.

"I swear it looked just like me." Jungkook explains and I grin really wide of how adorable and amazed he's being over a seagull that looked just like him.

"I'm sure." I take a sip of my coffee and sit back in my seat. 

"I'm being serious."Jungkook looks me straight in the eyes and I can't help but to crack a smile. Jungkook rolls his eyes and takes a drink of apple juice. He says his parents think he's to young to have coffee even though he's a teenager. 

"Hey, are you doing anything this afternoon?" He asks. I shrug and about to answer when my phone goes off and I dig it out of my pocket.

I check the caller I.D. and Namjoon's name flashes over the screen. I hear Jungkook in the background snickering at me in front of he. 

I'm hesitant, but I answer. "Hey what's up?

"Hey are you free, like now?" Namjoon says. 

"I'm with Jungkook, but yeah. What is it?" I take a glance over to the young boy who has cream cheese all over his mouth from his pastry. 

"A surprise. Ditch the kid and ill meet you down at main street." I roll my eyes at the comment Namjoon made, assuming Jungkook is a kid. 

"Is it just going to be and you?" I ask. 

"Yeah." A wave of happiness flows through me that it's just going to be me and him. 

"Fine. See you in ten." I hang up, drink my coffee down and get ready to leave.

"Where you going?" Jungkook pipes up. An aura of happiness shines from his smile.

"To see Namjoon." I answer and see Jungkook's smile drop.

"I promise ill hang out with you later okay?" I ruffle his hair.

"Not good enough." He crosses his arms and pouts.

"I'll buy you ice cream." I bribe.

"Really! Okay lets do it tomorrow!" He jumps from his seat, hugs me and then flees. 

I giggle and grab my stuff, making my way out. I walk down a couple streets to the main on with my mind clouded of so many thought of what this "surprise" really might be? My mind searches for every possibility, every scenario that could happen. I begin to get butterflies. in my stomach as I search for Namjoon. 

I see him with his hand stuffed in his pockets and hood over his head, leaning up against the outside of a jewelry shop. He seems to be absorbed in whatever music he is listening to through his headphones. 

"Hey Namjoon." I tap him on the shoulder. He pulls his headphones out and smiles at me. "Where we going?"

"Here." Namjoon points to the door to the jewelry shop, mostly for wedding rings, promises rings and anniversary jewelry. I'm confused and question him.

"I need your help. You know Rachel's birthday is a couple weeks of our senior graduation right?" I nod. 

"Well I want to propose to her at her birthday party, but I don't know what ring to get for her." I stand there in shock I can't believe he is going to ask Rachel to marry him right when they graduate from high school. 

"You're proposing!" I yelling. Namjoon panics and covers my mouth with his hand.

"Shhhh, I don't want the whole world know yet." He says.

"Namjoon, aren't you sure you're pushing this a little bit?" I really want to talk him out of it. 

"Look we have been dating for almost two years, I really love her." My eyes glaze over and there is a pain I can't explain to the fact that Namjoon really loves some else that isn't me.  

"You should of asked one of Rachel's friends instead of me." I turn to walk away, but Namjoon grabs my wrist and turns me back around. "What." I deadpam feeling ticked. 

"Look, I need you. You are the only one that knows Rachel better than all of us and I don't like any of her other friends so please can you just help me." Namjoon begs. I sigh and nod. "Sure."

Namjoon cheers and drags me into the shop filled with various of rings, necklaces and bracelets.

"How about this one." Namjoon points to a plain, one diamond ring. I shake my head.

"Rachel likes big and many diamonds." I take his head and pull him over to a set of rings that are definitely out of his ideal price range.  I point to a diamond ring that has one big light purple stone in the middle with little crystals on the band of it and swirls around the purple diamond. 

"This one, she loves purple." Namjoon peers over my shoulder to look at the ring that lays in the glass case. I step back unconscionably, bumping into him. He grabs my waist to steady me. 

"I like that one." Namjoon says, setting his chin on my shoulder. 

"Okay, lets get it." I say, hoping he would move, but he doesn't.

"Or we can look at some more right here." Namjoon presses me closer.

"Namjoon." I say, a blush appears on my cheeks.

"Yes?" 

"Get off of me." I take my elbow and jab him in the stomach and begin to laugh when he hold his stomach in pain. Namjoon laughs to, taking me in his arm to restrain me. 

We stopped when we hear one of the sales ladies behind the counter clear her voice. "Are you kids going to buy anything? Cause if not, leave." Namjoon and I stop to point to the ring I picked out.

"We will take this one." The worker opens the case, puts the ring in the box and bags it. Namjoon pulls out his card and almost falls in the floor when he sees the price of the ring flash up on the cash register. 

I stand behind him caressing his arm with my finger to calm him down. He slides his creit card into the machine and punches in his numbers. While all I could think about is this could have been my ring, I could be the one who he is going to propose to on my birthday. I could have been the person he could have loved. But sadly i'm not. 

"Congrats by the way." The women says to us as she hands Namjoon the ring and receipt.  

"Oh we're not getting married. I'm here to help pick out a ring for his girlfriend." I say and Namjoon agrees and we walk out.

"I can't believe she thought we were a couple." Namjoon laughs. "Yeah.."

"Let's go eat. I'll buy you lunch." Namjoon turns, offering his arm out to me and I take it. 

"Sure, I'm starved."