Namjoon's House

Namjoon and I stood outside awkwardly beside each other as we waited for his mom to come pick us up. It was getting cold and I didn’t even bother to wear a jacket. Namjoon looked over at me and saw me shivering.

        “Here take this.” Namjoon took off his jacket and wrapped it around me.

        “Thanks.” For the remaining time, I stood and just inhaled Namjoon’s sweet scent of his jacket. A car pulls up and Namjoon walks over to open the backseat door for me. I climb in and he shuts the door. Namjoon got up in the front seat.

        “Thank you, mother.” Namjoon then explains that I have no place to go and that I will be staying with them for awhile. Namjoon’s mother looked liked she already knew what happened as she nodded along. Of course she did, Namjoon’s dad was the head police chief. He should be very familiar with my family. It is quite surprising that he never told Namjoon about it.

        “We will have to stop by her house so she can grab a couple of things.” Namjoon said. He led his mom down through many neighborhoods until we got to my house. I got out of the car and told Namjoon to stay with his mom as I went to pick up some stuff.

        I walked into the house, nothing has changed since I left. Blood stains, pieces of glass all over the floor and the smell of alcohol was still there. I walked up to my room and grabbed a bag out of my closet. I shoved as many clothes as I could and walked over to the nightstand to grab my family photo. There we were, at one point, a happy full family. What ever happened to that?

        Anger boiled inside of me. I turned and nailed my hand into the wall. I guess you could say I have some anger issues. I put the photo in my bag as I shook off the thought and turned to grab whatever I needed next and headed out the door. I went back to the car and we took off to Namjoon’s place.

        Namjoon’s place was really nice. Middle high class family, everything was always so spotless and clean, and not to mention Namjoon has a good looking older brother.

        “Hey, Sungmin.” Namjoon’s brother, Namhee smiled as I walked in the door. I keep forgetting that he’s at least four years older then me, so I have to keep my flirtiness to a minimum.

        “Hey, Namhee.”  I said back. He’s probably just visiting his family on his college break. Namjoon grabbed my bag out of my hand and lead me through the house. Like I needed guidance, I have his whole house mapped inside my head. He stopped and opened a door that was the guest bedroom. Namjoon put my stuff down as I sat on the bed.

        “Is this cozy enough?” he asked.

        “I shouldn’t be here.” I said, ignoring his question.

        “What?” Namjoon sat next to me.

        “I mean I shouldn’t stay with you. I need go to Rachel’s.” I added before he could ask me more questions. “I don’t want to be a burden to you and your family.” I was about to stand up, grabbing my bag and to walk out, but Namjoon caught my arm.

        “Sungmin, please stay or at least just for tonight. It’s almost midnight and do you really think Rachel is going to answer the door at this time of night?” He did have a point. “Let’s do this tomorrow and then if you want to, you can leave to stay at Rachel’s.” I groaned.

        “Fine.” I said. Namjoon smiled at me and gave me a long hug before I went to bed.

        “If you're not feeling up to school tomorrow, you don't have to go.” He got up and walked to the door. “Goodnight, Sungmin.” Namjoon said.