The Invitation

I wake to my neck aching in pain. I slowly gather myself up and stretch out my arms and legs. I haven't opened my eyes yet from morning drowsiness. I hear a grunt just right above me and I rub my eyes from sleep to see what it is. I see Namjoon waking up too. I guess I fell asleep on his lap last night which explains my aching neck.

Namjoon opens his eyes and stretches out his back. I sit up and yawn. He notices me and smiles.

"Hey," Namjoon stands up and laughs. "I guess we fell asleep." I nod and slightly laugh. I look around for my phone and dig into the couch before finding it.

I click my on button and my phone comes to life. I scroll through my feed to see a couple texts from Jungkook, my mom and work. I replay to all of them and shove my phone into my pocket.

Namjoon sits back down and stretches out again. he throws his legs over my lap and lays down.

"I need to go home." I say and try to push his legs off of me. He resists and I'm trapped. "Nope,"

He laugh and grabs me and holds on tight, pulling me down with him.

"Let go," I growl, but end with a laugh. "No,"

Namjoon hugs tighter to where my struggling to break free is weakened. I give up and my body goes weak.

"Why are you like this?" I laugh. I rest my head on his shoulder. His arm that is wraps around my shoulder tightens. "Because I don't want to let you go." He whispers. "But what about Rachel, isn't she coming over soon? Cause if that's the case I need to leave right now-"

"I'm afraid of losing you," Namjoon blurts out.The room goes silent. I didn't expect that. I look down at his face. His eyes are closed, lips parted that light breaths escapes his lips. I study his soft features, looks across his face of the many acne scars, and the imperfections of his complexion. He's absolutely beautiful to me.

Namjoon stirs and slightly opens his eyes. I feel my face heat and I quickly look away. The ends of his lip turns up and lets out a breathy laugh.

"You won't lose me, I'll come back later if you want or we could go to the movies, eat dinner-" I ramble on trying to lighten up the mood. Namjoon reaches to my face and begins to play with my hair. I lean to the touch and smile. "Not like that. I'm afraid you won't talk to me after I'm married."

I let out a laugh unconsciously, but Namjoon still has a serious face. My smile falls and I realize he is being dead serious about this. "Friends aren't meant to last forever,"

Namjoon drops his glaze and refuses to look at me. I know he's frustrated because it is true. It's like in middle school when you make plans with your best friend to do so much after high school, but when high school comes, everything seems to fade. Life bleeds through your life and people change, go to college, get married and move away. Friendships never are built to last.

"But soul mates will.. you just have to find the right one.." I add. Namjoon looks to me. He mumbles something under his breath that I can't understand. I look at him confused, but dismiss it because my thoughts are on how we are here, alone, and in this position.

I open my mouth to say something, but jumped to the noise of a car pulling up to Namjoon's driveway.

"Rachel's here." Namjoon says. He gets up and walks to his folded laundry sitting on the dinning room table. He takes his shirt off and exchanges it with a clean one from the pile

I didn't realize I was staring at him for to long until he catches my glaze. I quickly turn around and grab my stuff. "I'm leaving!"

I grab the door knob and open before Namjoon can protest. Rachel seems to be surprised and jumps to the unexpected view of me. She seems irritated by the fact I was here without her permission to talk to her boyfriend. She glares at me and I smile back with victory.