Chapter 29

A/N: Needs to be said! While there will be no smut in this book, there will definitely be some (intimate) scenes, and I hope that's okay. Will apologize in advance for anyone uncomfortable! Also! Very sorry about the lateness, but you're in for a treat this chapter.

Ranboo's POV:

This job is a nightmare and I should've stayed in bed.

See, had I known my "promotion" from stableboy to personal attendant would portend serving directly under TOMMY INNIT, you best believe I would've turn it down. However, at the time of the request, I was running on four hours of sleep and was asked personally by the King, so I couldn't exactly just refuse. Of course, being spineless and a literal wimp didn't help.

Doesn't mean I can't have my regrets, though!

"You know, if I knew being royalty meant playing dress up all day, I would've turned down the offer!" A newly-crowned prince, and my boss from today on, complained, squirming childishly upon a dark, velvet ottoman.

He scowled, arms folding crossly for effect.

"When do I get to be Technoblade and start stabbin' shit?!"

Feeling my brows knitting and temper building, I attempted a weak glare, but fell short to an exasperated grimace instead. Had there been a mirror, I'd look like I have aged eons. Tommy, in response, looked back dumbly and I deadpanned my next words.

"You know, we might be able to get to that if you'd stop moving. We need to get you fit for Craftia tomorrow, Tomm—"

Before I could finish the agitation-laced words, Tommy interrupted, puffing his chest in a display of pride. He crossed his arms, huffing snootily.

"Nono, you know what to call me!" He declared, unaffected by my scowl.

'What do they feed this kid?? No. Why do they feed this kid??'

Through the annoyance, my hands slipped downward, continuing at the buckles of his long boots. Wordlessly, a soft rag was brought down, I wiped until the leather went spotless and glazed over, avoiding and ignoring his childish quips and sputters.

"Tommy, I am not calling you that." I gritted again, cursing internally that I'd have to do this another day.

"Well, I can't hear you unless you call me that!" He began flailing, squirming more and more, nearly kicking me in the face. With a yelp, hands flew to catch his springing foot. My eyes widened, body tensed.

"What is wrong with you!!" I shrieked, shoving his leg away, "Okay, okay! Stay still, Alpha Male!"

And with that, he wheezed, delighted, eyes crinkling and cheeks reddening in humorous glee at his newfound power and my lack of a backbone. I huffed a little, but said nothing further.

'Lord, give me mercy.'

Third Person's POV:

From across the hall, the fitting room adjacent to Tommy's, was a certain couple.

"We're not, and never will, be friends, lovers, or anythin' of that sort." Dream mimicked, making his voice extra deep for affect. He laughed, almost victoriously, throwing his head back and a light dust of amused red lustered freckled cheeks. He grinned cheekily to his fiance, the other still fitting in front of an enlarged mirror.