Chapter 33

Third Person's POV:

"You guys are so heavy!" George gritted, expression clenched, and arms heaving a sharp tug at callous ropes.

With a final pull, Sapnap and Dream tumbled in, collapsing over one another, plastered against cold stone floors. Sapnap let out an open mouth groan at the impact, shoving at his taller friend.

"Dream, did you forget how to climb?" George taunted mockingly, smirking as the blonde picked up himself. "Don't tell me marrying a prince made you all soft."

Dream, at that, rolled his eyes, dusting off his dirtied hunter hoodie. He'd changed out of the white from earlier, as it had gotten... stained. By red. Good idea, as the soil was definitely less visible on green.

"I'm not soft," He snapped back with a petulant cross of arms. However, upon movement, Dream immediately felt sharp stabs of pain knitting his brows and squeezing eyes shut. It was excruciating, like thousands of driving needles, impaling the blade of his shoulder. Unknowingly, he had winced.

'The poison was working alright.' He brooded, catching himself upon George's expression shift from teasing to concerned.

"What's wrong with you, are you—" the older began, before interrupted.

"We need to get to the cellar before 4:00, Karl is waiting for me," Sapnap piped, a weak attempt of a distraction. Thankfully, it worked, as George immediately made a face.

"Waiting for us," He corrected bitterly, "You make him sound like your boyfriend."

Jealousy laced his words like toxic. And as a show, he stalked forth, taking hold of the raventte's hand tightly, scoffing at the audible gasp and widened eyes that came with. If Sapnap were a dog, his tail would be wagging. Dream was just glad the subject got changed.

"Ohohoho," The blonde hummed teasingly, "you guys are making me feel left out..."

Sapnap laughed, glancing up from his clasped hands with George, before giving a light punch to Dream's uninjured arm.

"You're engaged to a prince, shut up."

At that, a light chuckle broke past Dream's lips, a joy settling in his chest. Everything would be happening soon, so this was supposed to be a moment of peace, of relief— but then, the seconds left quicker than it came. He felt it. A coil of heated anxiety, raging, burning, unravelling like spools of fine thread. Hot like fire, yet still left uneasy cold chills crawling.

It was like he was being watched. Stared at. And, in the corner of his eye— "Sapnap!" He screeched—

Reflexively, Dream's body turned, spun, and hands darted like lightning bolts. Using a gloved hand, he had caught a piercing arrow, aimed for the back of his friend's head.

"Not this time," The angered man gritted, snapping the arrow shaft in half. He glared toward the door. "Come out, you sons of bitches."

As they— Dream, Sapnap, George— all turned to the door, Dream's hand reached down for the dagger fastened against his shin, and George withdrew his blade as well. Sapnap, on the other hand, brought a wholeass axe to battle.

And there was rustling, movement from behind the doorway. After a while, two figures stepped forth— both dark haired, clearly older than them. The shooter, one with crossbow, had a golden monocle and evidently fake mustache, like a stereotypical cartoon villain, whilst the other with a lime scarf and wore a pleasant, almost innocent smile.

"Don't worry Toast, I still think that was a good shot!" The latter chimed, voice soft-spoken.

In response, the other snapped a dry, "Shut up, Sykkuno."