Chapter 14

Third Person's POV:

Dream was like a fox. Quick, stealthy and so, so elusive.

With his fingers clutched tightly on the flag, he dove under a tower, hiding expertly from Finn's watchful eye. To him, this was no different than the games he used to play with George and Sapnap. He called it, "manhunt." And god, was he so incredibly good at it.

This was the final event, and it was Team Capture The Flag. Pairs would go against pairs, and with each win, you and your partner would get points. Dream was paired with...

Squidboy. Or whatever his name was. Dream didn't know. Dream didn't care. All he wanted to do was knock the shit-eating grin off of Technoblade's pretty face.

"Just 10 more meters, then I can score and win..." The blonde thought, scheming his next move. Eyes darting around, it fell on a hole from the ceiling of the wooden tower.

He could climb the logged walls and drop on the goal from above.

Genius. Sometimes he wonders how he's so smart.

Placing a hand on the wall, he began climbing, when suddenly, a heavy impact crashed against him, locking his body from any further movement.

And if course, he met him. Red, red eyes. Frazzled, messy hair. It was just like when they dueled in the courtyard back in Youtubia.

"Techno..." Dream gritted, extending the flag out of the other's reach. "You're gonna have to fight me for th-"

Before he could finish his words, a pair of lips were pressed against his, muffling any protest. Immediately, Dream's eyes widened, clearly surprised. Recoiling from the shock, he kissed back, free hand beginning to caress Techno's back. The soft fabric skimmed smoothly against his fingers.

"You're so shameless..." The blonde gasped, wheezing for air as they pulled away. Smiling softly, his guard dropped and...

"Thank you..." A smug, low timbre responded. Before Dream could react, the other's hand flew over his head, prying the flag from his grip.

"Huh? What the-"

"FINN!" The prince shouted, tossing the flag upwards through the hole. To Dream's surprise, (and horror), the brunette called was lingering right above, catching the flag with ease.

"You-"

"I learned this trick from you. Taking advantage of cockiness," Techno whispered, blowing at the blonde's ear.

"Oh god..." Dream's thoughts brought a bright flush to his face.

"AND THE WINNER OF THIS ROUND IS TECHNOBLADE AND FINNSTER!!"

"Darn bozos..." Squid gritted, throwing a rock toward the ground. "Why'd I have paired with lover boy..."

Finn laughed from besides him, giving his shoulder a reassuring squeeze. "Gg mate."

Across the field, Techno was laughing, cheering happily for his confirmed tournament victory.

And Dream? Dream was watching with a love struck expression on his face.

Bonus:
[Technoblade uses attract!]

[It was super effective! Dream has fainted!]

Grian's POV:

Sick. I felt sick. A cold curdle, the mix of illness and pain. A clench in my heart.

Watching the way Techno's fiancé stared like a puppy.  It made me sad. But not for the obvious reasons...