Part 15, Boss fight

The next morning Makoto woke up and saw Byakuya right next to his side as if he never left at all. That is, what Makoto thought to happen. Today was going to be a special day though. A hard one, yes. But a special day nonetheless.
"Wake up cutie-pie." Makoto pinched Byakuya's cheek. He slowly got up, still tired from being up all night.
"Please don't call me that. Ugh, what is it, Makoto? Do you need anything?"
"Ah! You're awake now! Get your clothes on, we're going to breakfast early today. Even though the dining hall doesn't open till seven, we have to wait outside." They went breakfast early as Makoto said but Byakuya still didn't know why they went so early. And also there, was Aoi Asahina.

"Hey, Makoto! Hey Byakuya! Whatcha doin' up so early today?"
"Well I wanted to see if I could get Toko to be my friend again and I thought you'd be here to help. You're always so friendly with everyone and the cheeriest person I know. Who couldn't be happy while they're around you?"
"Aw, thanks! I'd love to help you, but Toko doesn't like me that much if you haven't noticed. She's always mean to me and I totally can't convince her. Sorry." Makoto was kind of disappointed, but he didn't give up.
"It looks like I gotta do this myself." Makoto ran away from Byakuya and knocked on Toko's door. She hesitantly answered.

"What do you want? If you're asking if I'll forgive you, you better beat it and-achoo! Hey-hey! What's up Naegi! I heard what you and Byakuya did and let me said I TOTALLY SHIP IT AHHHHHH!  Finally! One of my bl ships is canon! You don't know how much this means to me."

"Wait, you're not mad I took Byakuya away from you?" Makoto asked, surprised by her reaction.
"Of course I am! I loved master and I would die for him! But if he got with anyone except for me, I'm glad it was you. Also, the other me doesn't get to have him so that's a plus! I'm guessing you want that smelly girl to forgive you and while I can't help I wish you the best of luck!"  That was not the reaction Makoto was expecting. How was he going to convince Toko? He had run out of help. Well, expect for Byakuya...That was it! He could get Byakuya to talk to Toko. But Byakuya didn't want anything to do with this. Could he really get him to help?

"Byakuya...I doubt you'll help me but, can you help me get Toko to forgive me?"
"Let me think about it. Okay. I think I owe you one anyway." Byakuya felt really bad inside about not telling Makoto about Junko and the real outside world. 
"Really? Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He tightly hugged Togami. Togami blushed and cautiously hugged him back. Later that day, they went back to Toko's door to see if she was back to normal or not. It turns out she was when she opened the door.

"W-What do you want with me? Just l-leave me alone!"
"I want to talk with you." Toko let them in and Togami tried his best to comfort her "Look, even if I didn't start dating Makoto, you would never get with me. I'm not into you in the slightest."
"Not helping Byakuya." "Sorry. You have to move on. You can't keep obsessing over me forever. You have to find someone else. It's for your own good." Toko was crying now.

"No! It's for *your* own good! I'll be totally hopeless without you! You ruined my life as if it wasn't ruined enough."
"Toko, there are billions of people in the world. Even if you got with me, you wouldn't be happy. I just know it. Please, this isn't healthy for you. Everyone would be a lot happier in this world if you just stopped. You'd be much happier too." Toko looked up at Byakuya "O-Okay. Fine, I'll let you do your thing...but I'm not g-gonna be happy about it. I guess I could find someone else..." (Komaru) Toko stuttered. It had worked. They convinced Toko to semi forgive them. And that was good enough. So they were finished. They could be happy together without the threat of anyone getting seriously injured, but it wasn't enough for Makoto.

"Thanks for helping me. You're the best." Makoto said with tears in his eyes
"You better be, I don't do this for just anyone...I'm just glad you're happy." 

"Yeah... Happy..."