Part 13, Sayaka redemption arc

AN: Sorry for the short chapter. Happy Thanksgiving! I have a piano recital for my family and I'm REALLY nervous. (Also I don't think Sayaka's a snake it's a joke please don't hurt me)

"What are you doing Sayaka?!"

"What does it look like I'm doing?! I'm gonna kill you! You ruined all my dreams, hopes, and plans for the future!"
"Sayaka, wait! Let's talk this through first!"
"I don't give a damn about talking right now! I want revenge!" Sayaka was so close to stabbing Makoto, she was about to land the hit. Makoto closed his eyes, but it never came. He opened his eyes again and saw Sayaka crying in her hands.

"Why? Am I not good enough for you? What does Byakuya have that I don't? You were the only person at school that was kind to me without expecting anything in return, I could never be like you, so kind. I admire you and thought you wouldn't be able to resist a pop star like me. I was sorely mistaken; so very mistaken." Sayaka continued to cry, eventually crying into Makoto's chest. He couldn't understand where she was coming from, but he tried his best to sympathize with her. I bet she went through a lot, I *did* just crush most of her future with me, just like I did with Celeste. I feel so bad, it's all my fault I caused so many people pain.

"I'm so sorry Sayaka. I think you're a amazing person, I would love to be your friend. But I just don't like you in that way. I also don't want you to be sad, I want to be happy with you; together. I love that you're my assistant and I hope you'll stay my assistant...for as long as you'd like. I'm well aware I crushed many peoples dream's and I can't hate myself more for it. When I say I'm sorry, I'm truly sorry." Makoto spoke from the heart.
"You really think that way? Thank you. Makoto, you don't like me back, but I'll continue to love you no matter what. Ahehe, and I'm sorry for almost killing you, I guess my emotions got in the way of me thinking rationally." Sayaka also spoke from the heart in those sentences.

"Remember when you used to give me presents?"
"Yeah I do. But you gave them all to Byakuya so I stopped wasting my time with them."
"I'd like it if you'd do it again."
"Sure but only if you promise to keep them." Naegi felt really bad for not paying attention to Sayaka's feeling. He left her room a few minutes later, with a smile on his face and saw Byakuya waiting for him.

"So? How did things go between you two? Did you both make amends?" 
"...it was...good. it went better then I expected. No problems at all."
"You were in their for awhile." Makoto never responded to that. He just leaned on Byakuya's shoulder as they walked back to his room.