Thirteen

As I was winding down for the evening, there was a knock on my door

As I was winding down for the evening, there was a knock on my door. Something told me I should expect this. Sighing, I paced to my entrance and opened it, not bothering to ask who it was. The minute I saw the face behind it, my stomach went into a fluttered overdrive. My heart quickened beats as well. He stood in my threshold wearing a dark turtleneck with camel-colored pants. Earth tones were fitting for him and contrasted his tanned skin perfectly. I wouldn't be so far from saying he was perfect. Too bad his attitude didn't reflect this. "Ms. Lee, mind if I come in?" He asked.

I stepped aside and allowed Seokjin to enter my apartment. "Take a seat." I offered.

Seokjin walked in, casing the place as if it was his first time. I noticed how he eyed the drama on my television, and I'm sure there was a smirk on his lips. Was that judgment I sensed? "May we sit at your kitchen table? I would like to go over my grandmother's schedule with you."

I guess he redrew the line of his absent professionalism. "Sure," I uttered. He took a seat at the table, and I sat adjacent to him. The folder in his hand now laid between us. Seokjin opened it and began going over a few schedule changes for his grandmother. Because he is my employer, I didn't oppose it much, but I noticed he wanted me at the main house on Fridays all day Saturday mornings. I found this interesting. Did my weekend activities out with my friends influence this decision? I know what he was thinking. He wanted me to react to this for him to inquire about Taehyung and me, but I won't give him the satisfaction. I carried on as if it didn't faze me.

While we discussed how I am to do my job, I noticed how he tilted his head over, stretching his neck. It was a perfect elongation that flowed well with his broad frame. Seeing him in this turtleneck did it much justice. Gosh, now I'm admiring his body? What is wrong with me?

Seokjin stretched out again while squinting his vision; now it worried me. I recognized the maneuver, and I could see the strain in his eyes as he focused on the paperwork. Far be it from me to watch someone suffer, even if it's someone who isn't always pleasant. Love your neighbor; I chanted to myself. Without a second thought, I stood up from the table and walked behind him. I rested my hand on the base of his neck and began a massage to it. Seokjin tensed up the moment he felt my touch. "Relax, Mr. Kim. I am a nurse, remember. I know what I'm doing."

He didn't say a word other than the heavy oohs that eluded his lips once I got deeper into the massage. Gradually, he allowed his guard to lower and for me to aid him. "You have a lot of tension in this area..." I pressed softly to his neck and shoulders as he hummed. "This should help relieve your headache."

That perfect neck of his began rotating around as I continued my message. "Y-You're very g-good with your hands, M-Ms. Lee. Mmm." Seokjin purred.

Who knew this is what it would take for him to submit. I wonder, could I use his blissful moment to my advantage? Obviously, I have skewed to lines of our work relationship again by touching my boss in a way that is professional to my job; it's unprofessional for our weird relationship. Still, I'm going to test a theory. "River, Mr. Kim. You can call me Riv-"

Before my suggestion could escape my lips, Seokjin pushed his chair back and stood up. He turned and faced me, moving closer and eventually leaving me pinned between him and the wall. He lifted an arm, resting it against the wall as he leaned in. The sneer on his lips glowed in the lighting as his eyes wandered mine. "If I didn't know any better, I would think you want to be personal with me." His voice, husky and deep, wrapped tightly around each word, creating an unfamiliar tension between us, one that I wasn't expecting. "Am I wrong?"

My heart raced a thousand times faster, which medically would kill me if his sexiness didn't first. His eyes fell to my lips while he waited on my response. My own oculars betrayed me as my eyes rested on his plump lips in the shadows-a wonder of how they would taste crossed my mind. Jesus, I will have to bathe in holy water tonight. "You're the one who said you skewed the line," I whispered. Feeling his hand on my waist made my breathing heavier as if a ton sat on my chest. "Mr. Kim-"

Seokjin grew closer, and the space between us was a mere fragment of what existed. "I want to kiss you, Ms. Lee, and I will when I make a social visit." He interrupted. "If you have nothing further to discuss involving your schedule, I will excuse myself." Seokjin leaned away and collected his folder after leaving a copy of its contents on the table. "Sleep well." He uttered as he exited the door.

Holding my hand against my chest, I hoped this would help slow down my heart before it burst through the doors of my ribcage. What was that about? How did we go from a massage to that? I took deep breaths, but it still didn't relieve the heaviness. His presence still lingered, even when I unpinned myself from the wall. However, it didn't dismiss the ghost created from it.

I'm happy to see the morning, but last night, I dreamed of Seokjin. It was the most indecent thing I witnessed in my conscience. It was one of those dreams where I saw us doing things I dare not say aloud, and I couldn't do anything to stop myself. Even the thought of it now gave me butterflies. I don't even know how my stomach is functioning with the number of flutters inside there.

After dressing, I started my day early over at the main house. I spoke to the homeowners before I headed down the hall to my patient. I opened the door and smiled as soon as her face was in view. "Good Morning, Mrs. Kim." I greeted as I entered.

"River! It's nice to see your smiling face this morning! Would you help me go to the dining room? I would like to have breakfast there." She requested.

"Sure, let's get you dressed and ready then." After getting Mrs. Kim ready for her day, I helped her to her wheelchair and exited the room. I took her to the dining room where Miss Choi was waiting to give her breakfast. Mr. & Mrs. Kim waited as well.

"Mother, we are happy to have you down with us this morning." The man of the house spoke.

Seokjin, who was entering simultaneously, came over to assist me in getting Mrs. Kim out of the wheelchair. Our gazes never crossed, nor did he say a word to me. Figures he's back to his old ways. I'm surprised I'm not suffering from whiplash because of his mood swings. Did last night mean nothing to him? Was that just his way of taunting me? This man is frustrating me to no end.

"Miss Choi, please make sure there is breakfast for River too." Mrs. Kim spoke. I blushed at my patient's sweet nature before bowing to everyone as I exited the dining room. I glanced behind me a few times to see if I was being followed, but I wasn't. A part of me was glad for this. I want to kiss you, Ms. Lee-Hmph, who's saying I will allow him to, and what made him think I want to kiss him?

Ah! Who am I kidding? I've had my eyes on his lips from the first moment I laid eyes on them. In that time, I've complicated the situation enough to where kissing him may be in favor.

Good job, River. Now you have a crush on your boss to go along with that sensual dream from last night.

↣ ♡ ♡ ↢

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢