Twenty One

The break of the morning arrived, though I was not privy to the sunlight shining in my bedroom

The break of the morning arrived, though I was not privy to the sunlight shining in my bedroom. It only made my eyes squint more, which burned from the lack of sleep I endured. I glanced over to my left, realizing I had company, and my lamp still burned in the natural light filtering through my room. Brief flashes of my night haunted me, and I swear I could feel the heat from them. His breath on me mangled with the softness of his skin. I bit down on my lip, recalling the way his earlobe clutched between my teeth as I moaned in his ear. I couldn't keep up with how many times I climaxed, just from his touch. What would it be like if we finally went all the way?

Seokjin was adamant of no intercourse between us. He allowed me to pleasure him with my hand twice during the night-I'm sure carpel tunnel is in my near future. I can still recall his girth nestled in my hands, and my fingers never had to stretch so much. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but seriously, I may need a little liquid courage before I take him in. Gosh, the things he did to me, how will I concentrate on my day? How could I face Mrs. Kim knowing where his hands and lips have been? Dear Christ, his lips, I-

"River, are you awake?" His throaty rasp echoed near me before I turned to face him. His eyes fluttered as they adjusted to me. A small smile hugged his lips as our gazes connected. I nodded, not wanting my morning breath to knock him out of bed. Seokjin turned over and grabbed his phone from the nightstand. I marveled at the way his muscles contracted in his back as he reached over. I think there was a little drool dangling off the sides of my lip. He turned over, and I lowered my head. "What? Are you ashamed to look at me?" He wondered. I shook my head and lifted my comforter over my mouth. This made him chuckle. "Oh, I see." He remarked before lifting the cover over his mouth. "Better?" He asked.

"Yes," I sputtered and bit down on my lip, though he didn't see this. It's becoming a habit. My gaze followed Seokjin as he inched closer to me. One of his hands disappeared under the covers, only to be found caressing my thigh. The soft tips of his fingers were enough to make me tingle. He teased me so much, I boarded a mild frustration for his touch, but I was patient. Before long, his lips brushed soft kisses on my neck, making my stomach sink in anticipation. He parted my legs with his hand, lifting it to my core as he moaned into my skin.

"You know what I want." He whispered. My eyes fluttered as his thumb stroked me.

What he wanted was to torture me before a slow, orgasmic death. However, the sound of knocking at my front door halted our time. "Seokjin, someone's at the door." He sighed aloud, signaling his annoyance. It's rare for someone to come to visit me unless it's him. I pried myself away and threw on my robe to answer. My heart did not prepare me for what waited for me. "Miss Choi, something wrong?"

The housekeeper fiddled with her fingers. "It's Mrs. Kim. She doesn't seem responsive today. I know your shift doesn't start for another hour, but will you come; will you can?" The fear in her voice scared me, especially when I have her grandson in my bedroom.

"Sure, Miss. Choi. I'll be there soon." Miss Choi bowed, and I closed the door behind me. Seokjin was standing at my bedroom door in a manner as if he heard everything.

"What's wrong?" His voice was absent of any emotion, different from the man who was feeding me morning kisses.

"I don't know. She said Mrs. Kim isn't responsive. I'm going to get dressed and check on her." I answered before slipping by.

Seokjin reached for my arm and pulled me close to him. "Let me leave first." He stated, and I realized he was already half-dressed. I nodded and reached up to kiss him softly on the cheek and detoured to the bathroom instead to take a quick moment before I dressed.

I arrived at the main house as soon as I could and barely spoke to Mr. & Mrs. Kim when I headed straight to my patient's room. Seokjin was there next to her, trying to get her to talk, but all she did was mumble. This isn't good.

"Mrs. Kim, it's me, River. Are you feeling okay?" Mrs. River turned to me slowly, and her pupils seemed a bit dilated. She attempted to speak, but didn't. I placed my hand in hers, and she gripped it until her eyes closed. "Mrs. Kim?" I called, but she was unresponsive. I took my stethoscope off quickly to check her low heartbeat. "Call the ambulance now," I told Seokjin, who lifted his phone from his pocket. Seokjin exited the room while calling, and I picked up my phone to call Dr. Kim. I told him what was happening, and that we were getting an ambulance over here. Taehyung said he would be at the hospital and will meet us there.

Seokjin came back in the room, quiet. He would barely glance at me, but I know he's worried. His parents stood next to him, holding Mrs. Kim's hand and trying to get her to respond. They kept asking me what I think has happened, but I couldn't tell them anything. It would be unethical for me to tell them what I believe happened without proper examination. I asked them about her day after my shift and her night. They told me she was fine, and that she seemed disoriented and confused this morning. It was only until then when she stopped speaking.

Minutes later, we heard the ambulance coming down into the driveway. Seokjin met them, and I got Mr. and Mrs. Kim out of the room so the paramedics could come in. I instructed that one of them needed to ride with her, and they should head down to the hospital. Mr. Kim agreed to ride. Seokjin came down the hall with the medical team. I informed them what happened before they prepared to take her from the room.

"We'll meet you at the hospital, River." Seokjin's mom spoke as she held onto her son and left.

Still quiet, Seokjin gazed at me and nodded. What was happening with Mrs. Kim is scary, but what was happening with Seokjin is another fear itself.

↣ ♡ ♡ ↢

I hope you enjoyed the double update!

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢