Five

After packing a suitcase and a duffel bag, I drove to the Kim residence

After packing a suitcase and a duffel bag, I drove to the Kim residence. It was just as I expected, elegant and big.

My travel came to a halt at the iron gate that sealed the entrance. They opened almost immediately, which lead me to believe they were watching for my arrival. I pulled up into the driveway and met with Mr. Snob himself. He walked over to my car and tapped on the window.

"Let me in, and I will show you to the guest cottage."

Not even giving me a chance to reply, he instantly went for the backdoor behind the passenger seat. Do I look like his chauffeur?

This marked the beginning of pleasant times.

"You may proceed on the driveway." He directed.

After a deep breath, I did as I was told and drove around. It wasn't long before I spotted the guest cottage situated a few meters away from the house.

"Park on the right."

Again with the tone. I pulled in where he directed and placed the gear in park. Mr. Snob was quick to exit as if the commonality of my car would rub off on him. Though to me, Hobi's Palisade was the nicest thing I've ever driven.

Since I'm sure I had to get my luggage, I pressed the button to open the trunk. I grabbed my purse and exited the vehicle. Before I reached the back, the trunk door was closing. My luggage was in the hands of that man and my duffel on his shoulder. My brow lifted on my face seemed to say more than I could utter.

"Follow me." He directed.

Again with the tone. He could at least allow me to utter a thank you before cutting me off with his walking.

"There are two parking spaces, in case you have visitors. If you notice along the other side of the cottage, there's a private driveway, so don't use the gate." He explained.

"Thank you." I blurted before he cut me off again.

"This way, Nurse." He dismissed.

He's beyond frustrating.

Mr. Snob opened the door to the cottage, and I was in immediate awe. It's modernly decorated and quite cozy. I'm almost afraid to touch anything as if I would taint it somehow. We slipped our shoes off and walked further inside.

"Here is your kitchen, and just along, there is your bedroom. I won't go any further since this is your place now. There's a door in the laundry room, opening to a pathway leading you directly toward the main house. My grandmother is resting, but she will expect you in the morning." He detailed before releasing his grip from my suitcase and placed my duffel bag on top of it. "Here is your key. Can I assume that it is okay for me to contact you with questions?"

I nodded a silent yes as I took the key from him.

"Very well, then. My parents are looking forward to meeting you in the morning." The snob concluded before putting on his shoes and rushing out of the door.