Sixty

Feeling a little better today, I spent some time with my friends and also decided to tell them the truth, all of them

Feeling a little better today, I spent some time with my friends and also decided to tell them the truth, all of them. I was getting a little tired of holding my secret, and I felt Hobi's weight carrying the burden of knowing.

We all gathered at JK's. He wanted to cook an enjoyable meal for us while we sat around and watch movies. I asked him to invite Taehyung because he deserved to be there and because I missed seeing him. The moment I laid eyes on him, my heart pounded. It's been some time since I'd seen him and he was as beautiful as always. I do love Taehyung, and I always will, but my love for him is platonic. He accepted it, but not without hurt.

My heart beats from the happiness on his face, but I feared the worst once my secret reared its ugly head.

I figured he would dismiss me while we were all here, but he didn't. We carried on like normal friends, but it wouldn't last. The minute I share my secret with them, everything will change. While they were sitting down, laughing about who knows, I was helping Hobi make the little desserts he prepared.

"Are you sure you want to tell them now?" Hobi asked.

I nodded, not wanting to show him a tear bounded stare. Memories of the last person I told haunted me, and I haven't spoken to him in weeks. Seokjin hated me for what I did, but I could never return the feeling. I love him regardless.

"River," Hobi called. I turned to him with teary eyes. His expressions soften and I saw his pity for me. "You know, you don't..."

"I want to. I need to; especially to Taehyung. I owe him the truth, Hobi." I interrupted.

Hobi sighed. "Well, let's get this over with, then." He murmured as he plated the desserts and handed them to me.

I attempted my best smile and followed Hobi out into the sitting area. The guys were all excited as they grabbed a snack before I set it down. Watching them, I debated on the best way to tell them. I could say, 'I have something to tell you,' but that would be too dramatic. I could blurt it out and take everyone by surprise and then go into a long explanation. Or perhaps I...

"Your unibrow is forming River," Jungkook noted while chewing. "What's up, girl?" He asked. "You look as if you are holding the world on your shoulders," he grinned. He was more right than he realized.

"Sit down and eat with us, River," Jimin suggested as he nodded for me to sit next to him. I fidgeted with my fingers, and my lips parted, quivering as I tried to speak. More tears formed in my eyes and l lowered my head.

My space invaded when warm hands covering mine. I didn't want to look up, and I didn't need to. I inhaled Taehyung's scent the minute I took a breath. This made it even harder. "River, what's wrong? Tell us." He asked.

I shook my head, "you're going to hate me." I muttered.

"What?" I heard Taehyung's smile in his voice. His velvet and soothing deep voice, making the pain of my secret pierce me even more. I almost tasted the blood from it. "We could never hate you, River. Don't be silly."

"But you will," I spoke, lifting my head to meet him. Worry hugged the hickory swirls in Taehyung's eyes as they wandered mine.

"What's going on, River?" Taehyung asked.

I eased away from him, still standing next to him but facing my friends so they would hear me. My stare fixated on Hobi, who nodded in support. Jungkook noticed our exchanged and frowned. "Okay, somebody tell us what the hell is going on?" He wondered with frustration.

My tears fell faster, and I opened my mouth to speak. "I'm pregnant." The words flew fast but clear from my lips. Jimin and Jungkook stared at me in shock.

"Shit," Jimin uttered. Jungkook remained staring as his brows creased in a silent fury.

"Seokjin and I..."

"Seokjin?" Jungkook exclaimed. "You mean you're pregnant with his baby?" He gritted.

It was time for me to face the reality with my friends. I've kept so much from them and needed to tell them the truth. They won't accept it, but it is what it is-I can't keep living a lie for them. "Yes, Kookie. Seokjin and I have been seeing each other, and..." my gaze trailed to Taehyung, who stared at me. I saw his hurt, and I nothing I could say would erase it. I reached out to him, but he snatched away. "Taehyung," I called, but he turned away and left Jungkook's apartment in a huff. I would understand if he never wanted to speak to me again.

My cries erupted the apartment as I covered my face in shame. "Don't cry, River," Jimin said before he stood up and embraced me. It was nice to be comforted. It told me I wasn't alone, but I still had a hurdle to cross. "Shh, it's going to be okay." He soothed.

"Did he hurt her?" Jungkook spoke, I assumed, speaking to Hobi.

"He didn't receive it well, but they both hurt each other, JK. Let River handle this. We don't need to step in." Hobi assured.

I eased out of Jimin's grasp to face my friends, the ones who didn't leave. "It's really complicated between us and I don't know what the future holds, but I'm having this baby with or with him." I glanced towards the door and back to my friends. "Excuse me," I spoke before grabbing my coat and leaving Jungkook's apartment.

↣ ♡ ↢

🥺

↣ ♡𝒸𝓊𝓅𝒾𝒹♡ ↢