=Chapter Ten=

"Walk by the main road, I'll follow you through the treeline. There's more to this than meets the eye."

"Aye."

Nodding at his younger sibling, Mianmian watched him trail off to the road and hurried close behind. Not long after the elder halted abruptly and called out to the latter.

"Wards!"

"Shit..."

Scanning the premises, the duo got deeper into the bamboo bushes.

"What now?"

Looking at Haohao, Fengmian sighed in frustration.

"I'm pretty sure that waiting here isn't an option. I'll ask Chongsheng to survey the area for us."

"Don't! They can sense the traces of fire magic."

The brothers plopped down onto the ground and began searching for ways to get out of here. It was urgent.

"Feeling lost, boys?"

Their gazes shot to the figure standing before the two. It was a strong built man wearing crimson and black clothes. He was like no other man that Jiahao had seen. No other except his elder brother. The two were strikingly similar in appearance, it was scary. However, the auras surrounding them were like polar opposites. His dear brother had a kind of friendly, outgoing, carefree and somewhat arrogant nature but the person before them felt vicious and cold.

"Should I know who you are cause I'm pretty sure that we haven't met before, not that I've a good memory..."

Mumbles Fengmian to himself to which the younger shoots him a dirty look.

The man looks slightly taken aback and some what disturbed due to Mianmian's remarks but soon grins at the twins.

"Elder Lin, the demon king as those noisy clans call me. Also, your uncle."

The two siblings stare at the man as if they've spotted a flying chimpanzee. Elder Lin barks out another laugh and closes the distance between them.

"You've got half a minute to decide whether you'd follow me or be dead. Those snobby bastards will soon he here. 20 seconds."

Haohao finally comes to his senses and smacks his brother out of trance.

"What?!"

"13."

That's all his Demonic Highness says as footsteps are heard approaching them.

The brothers stare at each other in horror.

"Where will you take us?"

Asks Jiahao frantically.

"Where the hell do you think I live? Oh! I actually answered your question. 5...4..."

"Alright!"

Squeaks Mianmian with a funny expression on his face.

Their vision blurs as the elder teleports them to the Kingdom of Fire Cultivators.

A few minutes later, Haohao steadies a falling Mianmian who had been knocked out by his uncle.

"Hey!"

"Calm your tits missy. He's undergoing a transition. It'll be better for him to sleep through it. Now, let's get down to business."

Saying so, his Royal Majesty scoops his nephew in both of his arms and lays him down on the rigid floor.

"Your father has been feeding him well."

He huffed. Grinning at the elder, Haohao averted his gaze to the sleeping boy.

"He eats like a pig."

Humming at the young boy's statement, Elder Lin sat down on his high seat.

"How's your father been?"

"He...is fine. You know him?"

"I did. He was a close friend of my brother. I sometimes envied him for the time he got to spent with my brother..."

Sighing deeply the elder motioned Jiahao to sit down.

"So, you really are Mian-ge's uncle?"

"Mn. Go, there are a lot of things you can see while you are here."

"Okay. I'll see you later, Your Majesty."

Bowing slightly, Haohao rushed outside leaving the older man to himself.

"See all that you can boy. Time is limited."

Fengmian jolts back to life and clutches his head in both of his arms.

"Old man, what did you do?"

"Ah? You ungrateful brat. I didn't poison you. Congrats, you are now a Sage."

"Huh? Me?"

Pressing his palm to his chest, Fengmian realized that he in fact had crawled up the ladder of cultivation.

"Where's Jiahao?"

"Sightseeing."

"Get him back. We'll be leaving. Now."

He growled.

"Aih Aih aih...Calm down little boy. Won't you even acknowledge my presence. I'm your uncle!?"

"Yea. Can we leave, now?"

Rolling his eyes at the young gentleman, His Majesty motioned Mianmian to follow his lead.

The man halted before something that was supposedly a throne room.

"Here. I've handled the entire kingdom for more than a decade. Now, I'll hand you over what is rightfully yours..."