18

Alice Avery

Sweets dreams? Quite the opposite actually.

My body jolted awake in a great deal of panic, I was covered in sweat. My breathing was heavy, the type that was like I had just run a marathon. I threw my covers off of me and ran my eyes over my body. The nightmares about my parents felt so fucking real, they made me feel as if my parents were actually here hurting me. It was haunting to me that the nightmares had this  much control over me, it was terrifying. It wasn't reality and I still couldn't get that through my head. I guess I wasn't over the traumas of my childhood. I lucked out with falling back to sleep yet woke up again with my phone ringing from a call from Ricky.

"What?" I groan once I answered.

"Well good morning sunshine," he chirped. "Get outside," his voice normal again.

"What?" I say again.

"To get you car," he reminds me.

"Right." I said tiredly, he sighed through the speaker. "I'll be out in a few."

I hung up the phone and rolled out of bed, i took a look at my appearance and was pleasantly surprised when I saw i didn't look like shit. I had on a pair of black leggings and a simple tank top. I threw on a large flannel and my vans. I brushed my teeth and hair and met Ricky out front.

"You've got to be kidding me."

Ricky stood in front of a motorcycle with a sly smile in his face. "Hop on," he said nonchalantly.

"That's a death wish getting on that thing with you." I stated with crossed arms.

"You're a damn street racer Alice, your whole life is a death wish."

To be fair I did sound like a bit of a hypocrite. Street racing is sketchy, reckless, but so it getting on a motorcycle with Ricky Noir. Although I swallowed my low fear and hopped on the back as he handed me the helmet.

"You better hold on tight sweetheart." The engine roared to life and I could feel the vibration run through my body. I wrapped my arms tightly around his torso and rested my head on his back. We sped out of the parking lot at an alarming pace.

We got back to the liquor store in rapid time; my ears were still ringing. I got off the motorcycle in a bit of a stumble.

"You drunk?" Ricky teased and I stuck my middle finger up at him. "Alright tell me you remembered your keys?"

"I'm not an idiot." I defended and pulled my keys from my pocket. I gave him a warning look, he'd make some smart ass comment after I said that.

He kissed his teeth, "I beg to differ."

"Shut it." I said and smacked is chest.

My phone began to vibrate in my hand and I accepted the call from Razzle. "What's goin' on Raz."

"What are you doing tonight?" He asked.

My eyebrows raised, "You asking me out on a date or somethin'?"

Ricky's confused expression caught my attention. "I thought Razzle was gay?" He asks and I laughed lightly before I waved him off.

"I had someone bail on a race tonight and I need someone to fill in," Razzle informed me.

"I'm game, who's the enemy?" I asked and I saw Ricky tilt his head.

"Jaxon."

"Shit.." I murmured and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Listen I understand after everything if you're not up for it but I just wanted to let you know about it."

"No, no I'll do it, I'll be there." I wasn't scared of Jaxon or his pathetic little friend group. I had just enjoyed not being in the presence of people I wanna punch 24/7. The last time I raced Jaxon I won, but it ended in a huge brawl. Though thanks to Ricky I still got my money. Who knows how'd it go this time.