39

Ricky Noir

It's been bottled up inside me for two months, constantly wounding me. I've been lying to her for reasons that seemed appropriate but now I'm very slowly realizing that they're stupid. I don't know what she'll do when she finds out but the idea of it is haunting me.

"Everything okay?" Alice stood at the drivers side of the car as I came walking out.

"Yeah all good, just Razzle asking when we'd be back."

"You mind if I drive?"

"As long as you don't crash." I teased before opening the passenger door and getting in.

It'll ruin her, she trusts me. I've never once lied about how I feel about her. I wasn't meant to fall, it was just aimless flirting, but before I knew it I was telling her that I love her.

I felt dirty, like I had committed a mass crime. She hadn't even found out yet and I feel like I could throw up from guilt at any given moment.

I'll tell her, I will but not yet, I'm not ready to lose her.

FOUR HOURS LATER

"You can just drop me off at my place, we should probably get some sleep." I spoke out, I couldn't be near her any longer after my phone call with Trent.

The long ride was filled with silent tension, I was practically shaking.

"Do you want me to come up with you?" Alice offered and I shook my head.

"Theo was probably worried about you, you should go home. I'll call you tomorrow." I said convincingly and earned a very quiet 'okay' from her. Alice turned into the apartment building parking lot and stopped the car.

I reached for the door handle but she locked the doors before I could get out.

"What's going on with you? Who called you because it sure as hell wasn't Razzle."

"Nothing's going on," I tired my best to sound sincere. "I'm just tired."

"Are you sure?"

I leaned across the car and pressed my lips against hers. "I'm sure," I told after pulling away. "I'll call you, okay?"

"Bye," she smiled lightly as I stepped out of the car.

I watched her drive away and something about that didn't sit right with me. I think it's because I knew that she'd know the truth in no time and the next time she drove away from me, she'd never be coming back.

A new car soon came speeding it's way into the parking lot. I knew all too well that Trent would come storming out. Another figure joined him, Colton.

"What is he doing here?" I glared at Trent, completely ignoring the moron beside him.

"We're long overdue for a talk, don't you think?"

"No I don't, I think you should leave." I insisted but they refused to move.

"You either talk to us or we go to Chicago and you tell Vince all about your pity relationship with his daughter." Trent taunted, he knew exactly what he was doing and how it made me feel.

"You're lucky we never told him after what you did to Link." Colton voiced, "how did Alice react, why did she forgive you?"

I couldn't lie my way out of this, they would find out eventually. I had to lay all my cards on the table.

"I lied, told her I had some disorder."

Trent scoffed, "she'll kill you when she finds out you're nothing but a fucking psychopath."