Chapter Twenty-Four~The Enemy Has Arrived

"I don't know when she'll strike. However, I know it will be soon," Augusto said as he leaned back in his chair. Amaryllis' violet eyes met his with determination.

"We need to be prepared. It could be tonight for all we know," she said with a worried tone. Willow nodded.

"For once, I agree with the sprite." Amaryllis gritted her teeth. Willow smirked subtly, noticing her aggravation.

"Well, are we?" Elodie asked. It was the first thing she had said in this meeting. Though the leaders were good at what they did, they would often beat about the bush when it came to decision making.

"I have both my armies here," Amaryllis stated, crossing her slender arms over her chest. Willow nodded.

"As do I. They're residing in the forest...and trying to keep warm." Augusto cleared his throat.

"My armies are coming. They should be here by night fall. They'll make camp with the armies from the other realms."

"So, this is it. It's happening?" Elodie asked softly, her gaze flickering to each leader with uncertainty. They each gave a simple nod. Elodie lowered her gaze.

"You mustn't be afraid, Child," Amaryllis said softly, her tender gaze filled with compassion. She gently rested a fine-boned hand on Elodie's in support. "All of us are here to help you."

Just then, a deep, horn-like sound penetrated the air around them. All five lifted their gazes to where the sound had come from outside. Augusto smiled and rose from his chair, his shimmery, golden and green robes billowing out around him as he heavily approached the window. Elodie followed close behind, curious about who had arrived. Down below, thousands of soldiers stood in front of the castle. Each wore dark green and golden armour and carried swords, bows and spears. Elodie's eyes widened at the sight. Augusto chuckled and turned to the other leaders.

"My army has arrived," he said. Elodie smiled a bit as she studied the army below. They all had light brown or blonde hair. There were both men and women who made up the two legions. They held a flag that had a light coloured barn owl on it.

Behind them, coming from the forest, there was a legion of humans and a legion of creatures unlike Elodie had seen before. Their eyes were cat-like and their skin was light. They had a certain felinity to them unlike Elodie had ever seen before. They were tall, lean and agile in appearance. They wore native-like clothing and carried bows and spears. Their hair ranged from dark brown to blonde and was decorated with feathers, beads and other assortments. Their ears were pointed at the tips. Their noses were long and slender and, when they opened their mouths to speak, their canine teeth were sharp like the tip of a knife. Elodie's eyes widened at the sight of them.

Elodie turned to Amaryllis, who now stood beside her, with confusion in her gaze. Amaryllis met her eyes with a smile and her eyes flickered back to the creatures below them.

"They are the Felenin. They live in the forests of Fonsia. We hold an unbreakable alliance with them. As long as we protect them, they will stay loyal to us." Elodie studied the creatures with curiosity. "Many fear them. They wish for them to go extinct. But, though they are quick, agile and sometimes ruthless fighters, they can be loving creatures."