Skirmish Under the Full Moon

After telling and showing Andromeda their secret (by asking for some water and pouring it on their arms as they sat on the couch and drying up, courtesy of Rikki.) They waited, holding their breath for her to talk.

They did not expect her to laugh, "So these ladies are the reason you and Hermione disappear daily. I had assumed you were making friends, I never expected to meet more mermaids!" Andromeda says with a kind smile, shocking the girls and Lewis, causing Harry to laugh and his guests to turn towards him.

"What? She had the shock of her life when she found out about Mione and I. You telling and showing her your secret wasn't going to make her choke." He says, crossing his arms with a smile on his face.

Just then, footsteps were heard from the stairs and from them came Hermione with a grumpy looking Teddy.

"Everyone, this is Teddy. He should've been napping but he's being grumpy and stubborn about it." She puts him down and he looks at the new faces in confusion before going to Harry and holding his arms up.

Harry picks him up and sighs. "You really need to sleep Teddy."

"No...no sleep." Teddy says with a pout. "Chocolate! Chocolate!"

The group chuckles at his demand for chocolate but Harry shakes his head. "You can have chocolate after eating, okay buddy?"

"Okay...who that?" Teddy asks as he points at the group.

"Teddy, these are Cleo, Emma, Rikki and Lewis. They'll be staying here for tonight." Harry says and walks to the group for them to wave and coo at the toddler.

"Hermione, could you help them set up while I feed Teddy? If I don't he'll get bloody terrifying," Harry says as he passes a hand on Teddy's blue hair.

"Of course. Go take care of the mini wolf." Hermione says with a smile, making Harry and Andromeda chuckle and leaving the group confused as Harry walks towards the kitchen.

"Mini wolf?" Lewis asks, turning to Andromeda.

"It's what we call him when he gets fuzzy like that. Now run along with Hermione and I'll get the sandwiches, fruit salad and other snacks for you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun had set and Teddy had calmed down enough and was playing with his toys in between Harry and Hermione.

The girls were in the middle of getting a pedicure with Lewis' help. Having already bathed and enjoyed the food, they were now relaxing and Teddy was close to falling asleep. Andromeda had pulled the blinds on all the windows and glass doors while subtly applying a mild sticking charm on them to prevent the moon or its reflection to get through.

Lewis finishes helping the girls with their pedicure and looks at his watch. "The moon should be rising about now. Just to make sure, stay away from all doors and windows."

"We know Lewis, so stop nagging." Rikki groans, wiggling her toes.

"Well forgive me for wanting to be careful and avoid any mistakes and craziness. We've yet to have an uneventful full moon." Lewis, with sass told her as he gets the sleeping bag, having decided to sleep in it and leave the couch for Harry and Hermione.

As Harry got up to take Teddy to bed, he felt it.

He freezes on the spot and looks at Hermione in a panic, her having the same look on her face. Andromeda runs down the steps, fear in her face as well. The group stare at them in confusion, and in Rikki's case suspicion. They stand and Lewis approaches, "hey, what's-"