Prologue

The war was over. Voldemort, along with most of his army, have been defeated; but at a terrible price. Tonks, Remus were killed, leaving behind their son Teddy. Fred Weasley has also died, leaving the Weasley family devastated. Most were children, pulled into the war due to Voldemort's insane vision of world domination and the ineptitude of the government.

Harry and Hermione lost more than the rest. Harry lost his last connection to his parents, and now has to raise his godson now adopted son Teddy, alone. He broke it off with Ginny again, realizing he couldn't be with her due to guilt and her insistence of getting married as soon as possible.

Hermione was at a loss, she thought she had loved Ron, thought they could finally be together, but the war changed her. Nightmares now plague her, her body will forever be littered with scars from not only the war, but all her years at Hogwarts. Physical, mental and emotionally. They had taken to hiding their scars via charms from everyone bar each other.

To make matters worse; her parents, whom she had Obliviated and sent to Australia for in the hopes of keeping them safe and avoiding capture and torture, could not be found by the Australian Ministry of Magic.

Now, three years after the war, the Wizarding World is still rebuilding, Death Eaters are still being hunted, Kingsley is the new Minister of Magic and is bringing about change for all. Creatures, Muggleborn and Squib alike. However, Harry and Hermione have grown tired of the constant attention they gathered, while Ron seemed to bask in it. Tired and wanting to get away from it, Hermione asks Harry to come to Australia with Teddy and Andromeda, to find her parents and a chance to get away from the spotlight and the sorrow. Kingsley, knowing what the two are going through, agrees and helps them get the papers and international port-key needed for the jump along with accommodations in a fairly small Muggle town rather than in Sydney.

The duo plus, child and adult had begun to get the layout of the town and where to start the search for the missing Grangers, when their magic starts to act strongly the closer it got to the full moon, towards the mysterious Mako Island.

Image by Red Magazine.