Talks and Knowing One Another

The moment Harry and Hermione met the girls underwater, said girls took off with their high speed, in an attempt to lose them no doubt.

Harry and Hermione gave them ten seconds before following, knowing the direction they were heading in. They chased after with their speeds and caught up to them with little effort. This caused the mermaids to stop and look at them once more in shock. They both crossed their arms and waited for them to continue.

Cleo, seeing it would be pointless, nodded at them to follow her before setting off, them following. Leaving Rikki and Emma to catch up.

They make it to the Moon Pool and Cleo waits on one side of the pool for her friends while Harry and Hermione wait in the other. Finally the other two arrive and give Cleo a betrayed look.

"Why did you lead them here?! This is our sacred spot!" Rikki accuses Cleo.

"We would eventually have told them about it. They managed to catch up to us and were waiting for us!" Cleo defended herself before turning to their guests. "Who are you?"

"We already told you who we are, that's the truth." Hermione speaks.

"How did you become a mermaid...and merman?" Cleo asks.

"Same way as you did." Hermione answers without missing a beat.

"You were in a Moon Pool under a full moon?" Cleo asks in amazement, thinking that they changed in a different one. "Where? When?"

"Last week in this Moon Pool." Harry answers as he swims to the edge and sits on it, swaying his tail back and fort in the water.

"What? You changed...here? During the last full moon?" Emma asks as she looks at them in some horror.

"Yes, we were exploring and discovered this place by accident. We couldn't get out the same way we got in so we decided to swim out. I'm guessing you can assume what happened next." Harry says, not entirely lying but also not telling the whole truth.

"Did you come here after hearing our talk?" Rikki accuses them.

"No. We came here to explore." Hermione says this time, getting slightly impatient.

"If that's true, why are you tails different than ours?" Emma asks as she looks at their tails again.

"We don't know, but we can speculate it was because there was a special full moon and/or circumstances." Hermione says and waits for them to continue.

"So, you changed during the last full moon, found out you changed after ten seconds of touching water or getting wet and you can swim as fast if not faster than us. Have you discovered what powers you have?" Cleo asks them.

"We have, Hermione can control and boil water and can create fire. I can control and freeze water and other items I focus on, and create snow." Harry answers.

"Whoa, wait what?" Rikki says, "you guys both have Cleo's power to control water, you Hermione have my powers and Harry here has Emma's? How?!"

"Maybe because there were two of us instead of three like you?" Hermione guessed.

"Can you show us?" Cleo asks as she looks at Hermione and then at Harry.

Hermione nods and lifts her hand and water starts to float from the Moon Pool before she drops it and then raises a tentacle of water. Letting it drop, she clenches her hand to a fist and the water starts to boil. She stops and the girls turn to Harry. He does a lift motion with his hand and the water raises, then before it drops he freezes in and then points up, snow falling from nowhere.

"You seemed to have mastered your powers in such a short spam of time." Emma says in surprise.

"It took some time, but we managed."