From Magicals to Magical Merpeople

Morning came once more, and Hermione found herself waking up from what could only be the best sleep she's had in a long time. Stretching and yawning, she decided to take a nice relaxing bath. She felt like spoiling herself for a change.

Putting in the stopper and filling the tub with warm water, she uses her favorite scented soap and oils before getting in. She let out a sigh of content, before her expression changed to alarm. She looked down at herself and saw as her body turned into water before she could see herself again and her eyes widen.

Were her legs once were, a tail had taken their place and on her chest shells covered her breasts. The tail was so long, it hanged from the tub.

For once in a long time, her mind was coming up blank. Panic had set in and before she could realize what she's doing, a loud scream escaped her lips.

Her scream was so loud, it hid the other shout of panic and surprise coming from Harry's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With Harry:

Harry had woken up not long after, having slept well. He turned to look at Teddy, who had made his way to Harry's bed and there he slept. A smile grazed Harry's face as he passed a hand over his blue hair before walking to his bathroom.

He got his toothbrush and soaked it in some water before putting some toothpaste on it and brushing his teeth. After a decent and long brush, he rinses his mouth, using his hand to gather water. No sooner had he finished and looked at the mirror, a strange sensation covered his entire body. Looking down his eyes widen when his body turned into pure water and then solid, however he found himself falling on his side with a grunt.

Confused, he tried to get up only to realize his legs weren't working correctly. Looking down he saw why.

His legs were gone, replaced by a tail.

"WHAT THE BLOODY HELL!?" Harry shouts at the top of his lungs, at the same time that a scream sounded from Hermione's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Andromeda found both of them in their current state, and after getting over the shock of discovering they had tails, she set about to levitate them to her bedroom and set them on her bed.

"What is happening? Why do you have tails? How do you have tails?" Andromeda fired in quick succession as she stared at them. Teddy, having been woken by the screaming and shouting, was looking at them in confusion but not fear, rather a bit of amazement.

"We don't know Andy. We've never had this happen to us! We don't have any aquatic creature genes or inheritance! All I know is that seconds after I touched water, my body became water and now I have a tail!" Hermione explains, shouting in confusion and fear.

"She's right Andy, the same happened to me. Seconds after touching water I grew a tail and I also can attest that we have no creature inheritance. We checked at Gringotts." Harry explains. Before he could say more, the sensation of his body becoming water was felt again. Worried, he looks at them in fear but the moment the sensations vanishes, he's back to normal. Completely dry. "How...?"

A gasp interrupted him. He turns to Hermione and sees her body turning to water before turning back to normal. Sadly, Hermione had been in the middle of a bath, so now that she was dry...she had no clothes.

Blushing madly, Harry quickly turns and covers Teddy's eyes as well. "I'm so sorry Hermione! I didn't mean to see!"

"It's...it's fine Harry. It was unexpected, for the both of us." Andromeda brings a bathrobe for her and she takes it before quickly leaving to get dressed. Harry sits up, holding his son on his lap and looking down, thinking on why and how this is happening. Just then, Hermione walks in and sits beside Harry.