Chapter 20: Sileighty of Pokemon

[Ryo's Pov]

The day of visiting Usui for a treat, became a night of a race instead. It was 11 in the evening when we arrived at the start of Usui pass on our cars. I parked my AE86 on the middle of the road with the Sileighty beside mine before stepping out of my vehicle. Upon leaving my car, I was tackled into a hug by Aki who's worried about me. "A-Are you sure about this, R-Ryo?" He stuttered, clearly a worry in his words.

"I'll be fine," I said, patting his back. "I'll be driving safe."

A minute passed and he finally pulled back from the hug before smiling at me. "Ryo, I'll cheer for you." He stated before returning and standing by his car. I was then approached by Yuki, one of the drivers of the Sileighty.

"Ryo, if I beat you, you'll have to drive me to your house tonight."

Eh?! Nani?! She wants me to drive her to my house tonight?

"H-Hey!" Wataru intervened and approached us, "That's a bit too much! How about this? If Ryo loses, we'll have to treat you to a restaurant near our place. If both of you loses, you'll have to treat us to your restaurant for free. How's that?"

Uhh... What?

[Rai's Pov]

I sighed at the sight of two Pokemon negotiating for a prize for the winner of the race. Their chatting is taking up most of the time, rather than being used for the race. Putting the negotiation aside, I wonder what Yami is feeling right now. He was supposed to race the Sileighty, but they chose to race the AE86 instead of his DC2. "Yami, what do you feel after being rejected?"

It took him a minute before replying to my question. The usual way of how he should be replying like always to my questions. "It was painful. I've been replaced by a panda AE86, yet they haven't seen what I'm capable of."

[Ryo's Pov]

"Deal?" Wataru asked and Yuki nodded before smiling at me. "Ryo, we will beat you!"

Haru the Leafeon, then approached us and lead Yuki in the car before talking to me. "Let's do a cat and mouse chase. Since you are racing us on our home course, you get to decide how the race will be."

Huh? They gave the decision to me to decide how the race will go? Since this is my first time racing on this course, I'll be the chaser to watch their driving style from behind. "I'll be the chaser."

"Is that so? Well then, you'll be facing the fierce Sileighty tonight." Haru giggled before returning to her car. I then returned to my car as well and started it, revving up the engine. This is it. A race against the fiercest of Usui pass. This isn't my original goal, but I'll do anything just to reach my trainer. The guy with glasses, and his driving skills. Those are the only characteristics I recall of him.

Out of nowhere, the Sileighty immediately started the race without any warning. Tch! They didn't even notified of their start! I quickly released the handbrake and shifted the gear up, pressing hard on the gas to maintain good distance from behind.

[Aki's Pov]

I'm worried about Ryo. The sight of the road doesn't look safe, and the distance of the lanes are narrow. It doesn't help much with the fact that the Usui pass is literally by the side of the mountain.

"Usui pass," Wataru suddenly spoke out, getting my attention and making me turn my head towards him.

"It may be a challenge for racers to drift here, especially when they challenged the Sileighty. The pass is perhaps famous for the consecutive arch bridges that lie on the outside of the pass, but don't let that fool you. The pass is known for it's narrow lanes and sharp turns and corners which would lead any speeding cars come crashing on the wall or falling down the cliff. The corners are very sudden, you won't tell whether it's a full turn, or a short corner. Only a few came close to mastering the Usui pass, and one of them is the Sileighty."