Chapter 13: Christmas gifts

[Ryo's Pov]

I woke up and yawned, finally having a complete sleep. It's finally Christmas. My house not having a single decoration, and only memories I see from it. It's been months now since my trainer's disappearance, and I still haven't found him. Where is my trainer? I got up from my bed pillow and left my room to make a cup of hot chocolate in the kitchen. I was making hot chocolate when I remembered the previous races I had. I can't believe I won against two local teams now.

I finished making the cup of hot chocolate and was about to drink when someone knocked on my window and caught my attention. I turned to look and saw Aki standing by the window, knocking on the window. He's standing there under the snowfall. I approached and opened the door for him to enter before he suddenly slumped onto the floor, shaking.

I panicked and pulled him up before carrying him over to the sofa. I quickly grabbed a warm blanket and put it around him for warmth. I handed him my cup of hot chocolate and grabbed it with his shaking hands. "Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded, his body shaking in cold.

"I'm a-all fine, just c-cold." He stuttered, unable to speak properly.

"Why'd you even bother coming here? You should've stayed home."

"There's n-nothing to do at home. Plus Wataru isn't h-home, and I d-don't want to damage the L-Levin under the c-cold conditions just to g-get here."

He really is cold judging by his stuttering. "How about tofu? Would you like some? I'll go buy you if you want."

His face suddenly turned bright and he smiled a bit. "S-Sure. I'll come with you to the tofu shop."

Y-You what?! "No! I advise you to stay here. Look at yourself, you're freezing despite being a fire type!"

"This is n-nothing."

"Nothing?! You're stuttering! Teeth chattering and body trembling."

"I w-want a special tofu only found in a specific tofu shop. You don't know w-where this is located, so you'll need me in the road."

He keeps on insisting, and this is driving me crazy. "Fine, but it's your fault if something happened to you on the way." I stated before sighing and pulling him up. I escorted him to my garage where my AE86 is sitting. He tilted his head when he saw my car and pointed at the wheels.

"Aren't you going to change your Watanabe tires? Because I clearly see OEM "14 Toyota Intra Wheels sitting by the corner there."

How did he see that so quickly? How did he even identified it with only the detail shown being the tires and not the rim?! Perhaps he observes his trainer when he fixes the car? I began changing the wheels one by one as quick as I can, and it took me a an hour before finishing and finally driving off with Aki on the passenger seat.

Aki pointed the direction as I drive and soon we arrived at a tofu store. I parked the car by the front and realized an AE86 parked by the side. "I believe this is the Fujiwara store that I wanted to go to." Aki stated and immediately stepped out of the car under the cold. I quickly stepped out and escorted him inside before seeing a man look at us by the counter, his eyes closed.

Aki greeted the man before collapsing to the floor. "Aki!"

[Aki's Pov]

Ugh... My head... I feel cold despite being a fire type... It's because of that damn guy last night... How long have I been out? What time is it?

I opened my eyes and a light blinded my eye, making me cover with my paw. I got up and immediately I was hugged by a Lucario, it's Ryo. I looked around and saw the man with closed eyes, or atleast what it appears to be. The man's looking at me, and beside him was... Takumi Fujiwara!

[Ryo's Pov]

Aki appears to be better now that I got him somewhere warm and cozy. I can't believe that a fire type like him can sometimes ran out of fuel to keep going. I pulled away from the hug and smiled at him.

"I thought a Pokemon is always strong, but I didn't know they can be weak." A manly voice was heard that caught my attention. I immediately turned around and saw it was Takumi's father.

"Father, keep your thoughts down. It's a little insulting to them."

"Yeah yeah, if I can only smoke right now. My lighter ran out of fuel, and I can't live without a smoke." The man then looked at us and nodded, his eyes still closed.

"Merry Christmas. My name is Bunta Fujiwara, father of Takumi. Owner of the tofu store, and the previous owner of my AE86."

W-What?! He previously owned Takumi's AE86?! That's cool.

"We also realized that you came here with an AE86 Trueno, just like my son's. Who's AE86 is it?" Bunta asked and I raised my paw.

"So it was you who huh. Now if you may excuse me, I'll go find a way to ignite my stick." Bunta stated and Aki immediately stood up and approached him.

"Mr Bunta, I can light the stick for you." Said by Aki and Bunta nodded before bringing out a stick. Aki lighted it using Ember and Bunta finally smoked.

"Such a good Pokemon," He said as he chews on the stick, puffing smoke and exhaling it out. "I wish I have one to assist me with my shop. Now if you excuse me, I have work to do. Do whatever you guys want, but I warn you about the weather condition. It is snowing and the road can be slippery. AE86 versus AE86 is a fun battle, but be careful on the snow. Your tires may slip and you'll crash easily." He stated and Aki called him again.

"Mr Bunta, can we buy tofu?" Aki asked and Bunta chuckled. "Sure." They went to the shop, leaving me and Takumi in the room. Takumi was looking at me before smiling. "Let's have a Snow battle."

"R-Really?!"

He nodded before getting up from his seat. "When do you plan to battle me?" He asked and I immediately stood up from my seat before smiling. "Today, after I bring Aki back to his home with the Tofu."

[Aki's Pov]

Minutes passed by and we finally arrived home when Wataru suddenly got home with a shiny AE86 Levin. I wonder what he did with the AE86. We pulled by in front of the house and went into the garage only to find out two AE86 Levin sitting in the garage. Is this a new AE86 Levin?!

"Wataru, what is this?"

"For you Aki. Merry Christmas."