Chapter 31: God Arm

[Ryo's Pov]

I was here, thinking deeply about my trainer's identity when the two cars returned back. Kozo Hoshino first stepped out of his car and raised his hand to greet Joshima. Aki stepped out of his AE86 Levin looking sad, I quickly approached him. "How was the battle?" I asked, curious of the outcome of the race when he shook his head. "I lost."

Huh, he lost. This is his first time losing. By the looks of it, he's devastated by it.

He then smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "I'll cheer for you, downhill specialist. Defeat them with your drifting skills."

I smiled and nodded before turning to look at Joshima who's talking to Hoshino.

I'll defeat them for the Panda Brothers.

[Oda's Pov]

Here I am, inside my BNR32 parked by the side of the road at the middle of Tsukuba. What is my purpose? I only follow orders. Yami did told me that if I defeated this Lucario that's driving a crappy AE86, I'll be able to join a team or some sort. My job here is simple, ruin their race by chasing the AE86 when they pass me, thus temporarily ending the race.

[Ryo's Pov]

Should I be doing this? My trainer is obviously here, but for the sake of Aki, I'll be racing against my trainer. I glanced to my left, seeing Joshima in his AP1 with a towel on his shoulder. I wonder what the towel is for. Soon Aki stepped in front and raised his paw, beginning the countdown...

Of my final battle.

"5"

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Go!"

I quickly pressed hard on the gas and shifted the gear up, hoping to get the lead before the AP1.

[Joshima's Pov]

Ohh? The AE86 wants to take the lead first, better watch him from behind first before I attack. I pressed lightly on the gas, letting the AE86 pass me as I position my car behind his tail. I normally don't do this, but because my opponent is a Lucario, I better observe him from behind for now.

[??? Pov]

"Hey"

"Hey!"

"Hey! Wake up!"

A familiar voice woked me up from my desk with my phone on my paw. It was a rainy day, and I suddenly passed out from laziness.

"Aren't you supposed to be writing right now?"

"But I have author's-"

"No no no, go write and I'll make you some snacks."

I sighed as I raised my phone and began writing again.

[Ryo's Pov]

Passing the first checkpoint, I kept driving on a fast pace, braking on corners and turns until I reached the long straight. I took a glance on the rear mirror and noticed the AP1 still behind me, chasing me on my tail. This is a straight road, and I have to use this to my advantage or else I'll lose. AE86! Let's go!

I pressed hard on the gas and shifted the gear up, accelerating fast on the straights, focused on the race.

[Joshima's Pov]

Hmm? The AE86 is taking the opportunity to speed up. I'll just use this to overtake him and drive away like I always do. I pressed hard on the gas with the gear shifted up, catching up slowly on the AE86. I shall win this race like I always do.

[Aki's Pov]

Here I am, sitting inside my AE86 when Kozo Hoshino knocked on my car window. I lowered it down and he chuckled at me. "Let's have a talk." I stepped out of my car, wondering what he's up to.

"Aki, I wanna thank you for letting your friend Lucario come and have a race with us, specifically have a race with Joshima." He stated and I giggled, shaking my head.

"It's nothing, he just likes to race with me. Hitting the road with me always by his side."

"You see, Joshima lost his Riolu one day, and he still hasn't found him until this day. Every time he sees a Riolu, or a Lucario, he remembers his Pokemon. Seeing him being able to play with a Lucario makes him happy, and I thank you a lot for bringing Ryo here."

Mr. Joshima lost his Riolu? Could it be that this person is Ryo's trainer?

[Oda's Pov]

Patiently waiting, patiently waiting. Then I knew it, an AP1 and an AE86 passed my car. I immediately started my car and pressed hard on the gas, shifting my gear up as I chase down the AE86 from behind.

It has finally begun.

[Ryo's Pov]

I glanced at my rear mirror, realizing an upcoming car chasing me from behind. Who's car is this? It doesn't look to be Kozo Hoshino's R34. The car looks similar, but it's different. It's an R32! It's impossible to be Nakazato's. The car looks like in a hurry, I should give it a lane. I drove to the side to let the car pass, only for it to drive on the same lane as mine, still behind me. I steered to the left to enter a corner, only to experience something terrible.

The car behind me bumped the rear of my car! I gripped hard onto the steering wheel, trying to counter steer the motion of the car slipping to the outside lane. I can't! Shimatta! I pressed hard on the brakes, putting the car into a full stop. I almost crashed by the guard rail. If I didn't brake hard enough, I would've crashed and possibly died. I noticed the R32 passing by before slowing down to a stop.

[Joshima's Pov]

I glanced at my rear mirror, seeing the AE86 behind me go to a full stop. I immediately pulled over by the side of the road and went out of my car. I immediately ran to the car, seeing an R32 parked by the side of the road close to it with a Shiny Greninja standing close to the car.

[Ryo's Pov]

I went out of my car, panting, only to be met by a Shiny Greninja with a menacing look. "I've been waiting for you, Ryo. I've been tasked to take you down, hopefully you'll comply without making it difficult."

What the...