Chapter 46: Momiji

[Rai's Pov]

Here I am, sitting on a table on a local restaurant here on our area. I was thinking about last night. Ryo was able to defeat Wataru on the Shomaru pass. That mountain pass is one of the roads in Japan that has the tight roads, and it's extremely dangerous to drive fast. Waiting for my noodles, I looked around and saw the front door of the local restaurant open, and two familiar faces arrived inside the restaurant.

Toru Suetsugu and Atsuro Kawai, and it looks like the two are looking for something. Eventually, Toru spots me and they both approached me.

"Hey there." Toru greeted me with a cheerful smile, and I nodded.

"If I'm correct, you are Toru Suetsugu of the Seven Star Leaf, am I correct?" I asked and Toru nodded.

"We've been looking for a Lucario and a Cinderace both driving AE86 and has defeated several racing teams. We saw you pulled by this restaurant with a CP9A, and I thought maybe you know something about them, since you're a Pokemon who drives as well. Do you know something about these drivers?" Toru asked, curious as to who these Pokemon drivers are.

"I am an acquaintance of those two. I can bring you to them, but first, what's your business with them?" I asked and Toru chuckled before a shiny Cinderace appeared from behind him, stepping out to meet me.

"Hi. I'm Chase, and this is my trainer Toru. I was supposed to be a driver of a black GNX, but my car broke down from heavy use and I'm unable to use it anymore. Car parts from overseas are difficult to obtain here in Japan, and the fact that it's a GNX, makes it even more difficult. So my trainer and I came up with something else, and he told me that I'll continue his legacy by driving a similar car he drove, which is a Eunos Roadster, NA6CE." The Shiny Cinderace introduced himself before looking at Toru, expecting him to continue.

"Right, Chase will be continuing my journey from where I left off, which is losing to Takumi of Project D. Ever since the news of these two AE86 Pokemon drivers skyrocketed throughout street racing, Chase got interested and wanted to meet these Pokemon, and battle one of them to a race on Momiji." Toru stated before bringing out a car key and giving it to the Shiny Cinderace.

This is a good opportunity to visit Momiji once more, and I'll be glad to have a short visit there, but first I have to let Ryo and Aki know about this race offer. I pulled out my phone from my jacket pocket before dialing Ryo's number.

[Ryo's Pov]

Busy washing the outside of my AE86, I was startled when my phone began to rang. I quickly reached out to my phone on the table and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Ryo, the Seven Star Leaf wants to have a battle with us. Do you and Aki agree?"

It's Rai, and it seems this Seven Star Leaf racing team found Rai and wants to have a race with us. I want to say yes, but how about Aki? Aki has been pressured from the race last night from an unknown DC2, and is still recovering from it. He almost crashed from the DC2 tailing him. "Hold on." I replied before walking out of the garage and into the living where Aki is, sitting on the couch. I approached Aki before smiling at him.

"Rai told me that the Seven Star Leaf wants to have a race with us. Do you wanna join the race?" I asked Aki and he looked at me, shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know Rai. Aki seems to be unsure."

"Don't worry, they told me it's just a Pokemon that wants to have a battle with one of you. Their name is Chase, driver of an NA6CE."

My eyes widened from hearing the name Chase. I sat beside Aki on the couch, trying to remember who it was before finally realizing who that Pokemon is. It's the driver of the black GNX we encountered back then! "Chase? Are they a shiny Cinderace?" I asked, excited for finally getting to hear something about that Pokemon.

"Yeah, they're a Shiny Cinderace."

I looked at Aki and patted his shoulder, comforting him from the events of last night. "Do you remember who Chase is?" Aki's eyes widened before looking at me, his sadness turning to joy just from the name Chase. "Count me in! I want to meet Chase!"

[Rai's Pov]

I nodded before looking at Toru and Chase who are standing in front of me, waiting for a response. "We'll accept your battle. We will be visiting Momiji today, and then we will be battling tomorrow night. Does that sound good?" I asked and Chase smiled before nodding. "I can't wait to finally meet- Wait, 'we'? As in including you?"

One of them final realized that I'm one of the members of the team. Maybe this is the time when I have to name the street racing team. "Yeah, I'm the... Strategist of our racing team." All of them had their eyes widened in surprise upon hearing me mentioning that I'm a part of the racing team.

"Huh, so that's why you know them. What's the name of the street racing team?" Toru asked, curious as to what our street racing team name is since it's never been named from the start.

"We're Project P."

[Ryo's Pov]

Project P huh, but I thought we were Panda Brothers. Looks like it's the start of another chapter.

Project P