Chapter 48: Project improvement

[Chase's Pov]

"What? Are you serious? I know it's been months since we separated, but are you very sure about this? You're sending me money to get my black GNX fixed. I already have it replaced with a Red Eunos Roadster NA6CE. You're sending me money to get my NA6CE upgraded instead? I can use the money on anything related to cars? Thank you very much! Huh? How am I doing with my new trainer? I have to be honest..."

"... I became his Pokemon just to join their street racing team. To be honest, I still treat you as my true trainer for the amount of care you gave to me, and I treat Toru more of a mentor. Now I'm planning to leave them and join another street racing team. A better one in fact. Does it mean I'll be able to return to you? You'll be open arms to me? I can't leave Japan though with me joining a street racing team. Oh? You'll be waiting for me to get there when I'm free? Thank you." I placed my phone back to my desk before I heard a knock on the door of my room.

I slowly approached the door and opened it, revealing that it's Toru Suetsugu. "Are you talking to someone? Just curious." He asked and I nodded in response.

"Yeah, just a friend of mine." I stated before closing the door and walking towards my bed, lying on my back on my comfortable bed. Thinking about the battle last night opened my eyes to racing. It's been a while since I felt this urge to race against someone.

I need to join their team.

[Ryo's Pov]

Lying on my back on my bed while staring at the ceiling, surprised by the flow of events so far. My AE86 getting fixed, Aki being chased by an unknown DC2, and battling against the Seven Star Leaf. All of this is happening so fast. Now that I have found my trainer days ago and got my AE86 fixed, I actually don't know what to do next. I could try to look for this unknown DC2 that chased Aki, but I don't know where to start. If the car is a DC2, then it could possibly be Yami since they're the only ones I knew who drives a DC2, but it could also be someone else instead. Although again, who would randomly just tail someone into an impromptu race on a mountain pass in the middle of the night than none other than Yami.

I should start investigating by asking Rai since he's the only one who has contact with Yami. Then all of a sudden, the door of my room swung open and Aki stepped inside with a smile on his face. "Ryo! Rai is on our front door."

My eyes widened in surprise upon finding out that Rai is here. This early in the morning?! I sluggishly got up from my bed, still wanting to relax before heading to the front door and opening it. It is indeed Rai, and his CP9A sits peacefully on the road in front of our house. "Hello there Ryo. My apologies for visiting you this early in the morning. Chase from the Seven Star Leaf called me just now, and he wants all of us to visit him on his place."

A visit this early in the morning from a random Pokemon that I had a battle with last night? What's with this all of a sudden? I sighed before heading back inside, grabbing my car keys and walking back to the front door. "Let's do this then!"

[Chase's Pov]

Have I given him the right address? Have I told him the correct time of meet up? I pace at the front of this decent looking commercial building, walking around back and forth as I wait for them to arrive. I'm both nervous and excited to tell them about my plans of joining them. Hopefully they will accept me. Soon a CP9A, AE86 Trueno, and an AE86 Levin pulled by the road in front of me and the same faces stepped out of the cars. It's Rai, Ryo, and Aki. I'm very excited for this moment. I approached them and shook their paws one by one, and Ryo was surprised by this.

"Thank you for coming. I would like to show you something I recently was able to buy using my trainer's money."

[Ryo's Pov]

His what? He's able to buy things using his trainer's money? Now that is cool. I can't even ask my trainer for money, and mostly rely on Aki doing most of the cooking since he's getting allowance from Wataru. Where is my allowance, Joshima? In front of us appeared to be an old commerical building with garage doors in front. Chase lifted one of the garage doors and signalled us to head inside with him. I was astonished that it was revealed that this commercial building is an old car mechanic's garage. In fact, I can't even call it old. It's only dusty because the rest of the interior are surprisingly intact. Most of the tools are still here, and is almost ready for business, or whatever Chase is planning to do with this.

Chase turns around to face us and smiled at us. "Welcome to our garage, and my new home."

My eyes widened in surprise upon hearing him state about this place being our garage. Our garage? Does he mean me, Rai, and Aki? Or does he include himself? "Our garage? What do you mean?" I asked, curious as to what Chase is up to with the garage he has recently bought for us.

"I wanna join Project P."

[Rai's Pov]

So he bought the garage not for himself, but for us. He bought it because he wants to help us in our career by buying us a garage and then joining us. I've never really thought much about the goal of Project P, other than having battle against other street racing teams. If I were to think of this thoroughly, maybe I can use Project P to train Pokemon street racers and enhance their talents. If I were to go with this plan, then Chase will be our first subordinate.

"I will accept your offer and you can join Project P, but how about your street racing team and your trainer Toru?" I asked, wondering about his next plans after joining our street racing team.

"I will be talking to my trainer later and leave Seven Star Leaf to join you. Either to race with you all, or to support the team."

I see. What an interesting mindset he has. There's not much else left to do than to accept his offer. "Welcome to the team." I stepped forward and shook his paw gently, nodding at him.

[Chase's Pov]

What?! Are you for real?! I'm now part of the Project P?! From now on, I'll do everything I can to support our team and our future battles. But first, I have to take care of something. "This garage needs to have a lot of cleaning, and a little resupply of the tools that are missing, but overall it's functional. My room will be upstairs, after the first room on the second floor." I stated before looking at Ryo and approaching him.

"Can you come with me for a bit? I have to visit my trainer to tell him about my plans so I won't get him worried. Don't bring your AE86, I'll bring you for a ride with my NA6CE before getting it upgraded." I stated and Ryo nodded before we head to my Eunos Roadster NA6CE, driving off to my trainer's house.