Chapter 17: Akagi

[Ryo's Pov]

A week has passed since the kidnapping incident, and everything went well now. Aki still refuses to return to his trainer and insists on staying with me. I explained to him that his trainer will be worried about him, but I was instead approached by a tight hug. I guess I can't convince him to return yet, and most certainly to get back to his car.

It was afternoon, I was sitting on the couch in the living room with Aki when I heard a knocking on the front door. I got up and opened the door before being greeted by Takumi.

"Hello there, I came to see Aki again."

I welcomed him inside and letting the two chat for a while as I stood by the kitchen, staring out in the window. The thick snow of the surroundings, I miss driving on it. My duty of taking care of Aki made me unable to leave the house much for any practice session of drifting, afraid that something bad will happen to him if I left him for alone too long.

I sighed to myself before facing the two, watching as they have a conversation with a smile painted on the face of the Cinderace. This is the third time Takumi went to my home to visit Aki, and sometimes even bringing a bag of tofu for us. It was very nice of him to do it, but I wasn't expecting what's coming today.

"Aki, would you like to come with us to Akagi?" Takumi asked and Ryo, out of his condition, suddenly agreed.

Takumi then looked at me before asking, "Wanna have a practice race on the snow with the Project D?"

Did he just ask that? Having a practice race with the Project D? I nodded in excitement and he chuckled before getting up.

"Alright, let's head there now."

[Takumi's Pov]

Convincing Ryosuke on inviting Ryo on the practice race wasn't an easy task. It was really difficult to convince him to go have a practice race with any other local drifting team out there, more so on a freelancer individual.

An hour ago, I approached Ryosuke about inviting Ryo on our practice race and he disagreed.

"Our connections with him are done, and he only wants to race you. Him racing you is enough. Why should we even invite a freelance drifter Lucario on our Practice race?"

"Don't you want to help him improve his driving skills? He's a Pokemon, and it's rare to see one drive a car so perfectly like me."

"Like you? How come?"

"He beat me on an Akina snow downhill battle by overtaking me on the straight, not caring enough about the snow. He did the gutter runs so perfectly under the harsh conditions."

"I see," he paused for a bit and sat on his chair. "If he did beat you on snow downhill that you normally don't drift on, then it peeks my interest to learn his driving skills and how he could've done better than you."

"Are you allowing me to invite him now?"

"Yes, under the purpose of learning and possibly improving his driving techniques."

That's how difficult it is to convince him on that kind of matter. Unless one of the Aces got beaten by one of the team out there, he'll allow a practice race with that team to learn about their driving techniques.

[Ryo's Pov]

I was driving on my AE86 alone with Aki being with Takumi in his AE86 on our way to Akagi. The two seem to be having a good time together. It reminds me of the time with my trainer. Teaching me how to drive and drift on the road. It was hard for me to live without my trainer. I'm always lost, not knowing what to do.

I want to meet him so badly right now, but I don't know where to find him. I couldn't recall most of his face anymore. The only thing that I can remember was his glasses. He wears a pair of glasses. I also remember his profession. He told me that he's a doctor, but I've forgotten about his car. I can't recall what he used to drive with. Was it an AE86? I'm not sure anymore.

Arriving at the bottom of Akagi, I parked my AE86 beside Takumi's before heading out to witness the surroundings filled with snow. It was really cold when we got here. Cars parked around the parking lot with one yellow car standing out the most. It's the Yellow FD3S! The same one that I saw defeating that Pokemon thief.

A man with yellow spiked hair then approached me with a glare in his eyes. "My name is Keisuke Takahashi, one of the Aces of Project D, and I've been sent by Ryosuke to race you so he can study out your skills, and possibly improve our driving skills using your skills."

I never thought I'd meet the latter half of the Aces of Project D! I'm even going to race him!

"I'll be going easy on you since this will be your first time driving on Akagi, but as for your driving skills, never hold back against me."

My first time driving on Akagi? I'm not sure about that.

"Sure thing, I accept this race against you, Keisuke Takahashi."