Chapter 55: Nagao, Team Katagiri

[Go Hojo's Pov]

It's been a week now since Project D defeated Team Spiral, and the Project P defeated Team 246. Within our week of preparation for our battle against Project D, this random street racing team of Pokemon came up to us and challenged us into a battle. To my surprise, this street racing team actually approached the other three line of defense. Luckily, I was able to defeat their R32 skyline on Hakone with the help of Eiji Kubo. This street racing team is impressive though, with them being able to defeat Team 246 and Team Katagiri, but not Team Spiral and Sidewinder.

[Takumi's Pov]

I was standing by my AE86 while it's being tuned by Shuichi Matsumoto when I realized about something. I heard about this Project P from all over the previous prefecture we took over, but Ryosuke never thought about challenging them. Maybe it's because they're Pokemon, and not a racing team defending a prefecture. Although with them taking over Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, and Saitama clearly makes them holder of those prefecture. It makes them rival us with the same prefectures we had taken over.

I left my AE86 with Shuichi and approached Ryosuke who's sitting on a chair and typing on his laptop. "Ryosuke, there's this racing team named Project P that's as good as us. They have the same achievements as ours, which is taking over Gunma, Tochigi, Ibaraki, and Saitama prefecture. Aren't we going to battle them?" I stated and he looked at me before turning his laptop around, presenting me of what it looks like the possible car modifications of the two particular members of Project P.

Ryosuke was already taking notes and information about the Project P before I even noticed the Project P's presence. "I've also studied another Pokemon street racing team I found in Kanagawa who battled the four line of defenses last week while we're at our vacation and preparation. They don't pose much of a threat for now, but I figured it would be best to take notes about them. They may be a possible opponent before we battle Team Sidewinder." Ryosuke stated before pointing at the AE86 Trueno in the laptop monitor.

"I want to battle Project P to experience and study how some gifted Pokemon can drive and drift their cars fast. It should be an opportunity for the Project D to have a record of having a battle against Project P. I will be contacting their possible team leader and reschedule a battle against them before we battle the fourth and last line of defense, which is the Team Sidewinder."

[Ryo's Pov]

It was an early morning. I parked my AE86 Trueno inside the main garage before stepping out to see Mint cleaning Chase's NA6CE. Mint really does have a liking towards that car, or maybe Rai just asked her to clean the NA6CE. Mint noticed me and waved her paw at me. I waved back before heading upstairs to meet the others. I opened the door and was met by the three already on their sofa chairs. Aki waved his paw at me, and I waved back before sitting on one of the vacant chairs.

"I had a difficulty getting in touch with the Team Katagiri over these past few days, until someone from a very popular racing team reached out to us, Ryosuke Takahashi of Project D. It seems Project D wants to have a battle with us before they battle against Team Sidewinder. We've set up a schedule that we will be having a battle with them after our battle with the Team Katagiri. Ryosuke gave me the contact info of the Team Katagiri, and I will be giving them call after we get the AE86 Trueno and Levin tuned up." Rai stated and my eyes widened in surprise.

Project D wanting to battle us?! Is this for real? I can't believe that they want to have a battle with us. I've been wanting to approach them to a battle, but it seems that they approached us first. I brought out my phone and began to dial my trainer. "I'll go call my trainer this time to inform him about the tuning of our cars." I stated and Rai nodded in agreement.

[Joshima's Pov]

Here I am in my kitchen, trying to cook my breakfast when my phone vibrated on the counter. I grabbed my phone and took the call. "Hello? I'm busy right now, so please call me again later."

"Mr. Joshima, it's me, your Lucario. We need to have our cars tuned up again because it was worn from our previous battle."

Ah, it's Ryo. It's been a while since we had a talk in person. We both are busy with our own things that keeping in touch is a bit of a struggle. I wonder how he's doing. "How's your street racing so far? Who's your previous opponent?" I asked, wondering how Ryo is doing.

"Well, it was going amazing so far. Our previous opponent was the Team 246 of Kanagawa Prefecture, and our next opponent will be the Team Katagiri."

My eyes widened in surprise. They're taking over Kanagawa now? It's only been days after they defeated the Saitama Alliance, and now they're on Kanagawa now. "That's good. I would like to visit you on your battle against the Team Katagiri, but I can't find an opportunity for me to leave work. Good luck though." I stated before hanging up the call, putting my phone on the counter and continuing my cooking.

They've come so far now.

[Chase's Pov]

Now that the meeting was settled, I went downstairs with Rai before being met by Mint blocking my way. "Uncle! Can I get on your... NA6CE?" She asked, smiling at me and I chuckled before looking at Rai. "Can I take her with me to the car dealer? I'm looking for a possible new car." I asked and Rai nodded.

"Sure, but keep her safe at all times."

I immediately went over to my NA6CE before heading inside and starting the car. I let Mint inside to sit on the passenger seat beside me before driving away to the nearby car dealer.

It was a peaceful ride going there, and we eventually arrived at the car dealer. I parked my NA6CE nearby before stepping out of my car and being met by an RX-8 on the window of the car dealer. Wow, that is a beautiful car.

"Uncle, what's that model?" Mint asked who's beside me, looking at the RX-8.

"It's the new RX-8, and it's beautiful. I was thinking of buying this in the future so I can give you my NA6CE." I stated and her eyes widened in surprise, immediately hugging my leg. I giggled and patted her head gently.

Mint will be the next driver worthy of my Eunos Roadster NA6CE.