Chapter 45: Sudden Conflict

[Aki's Pov]

Phew! Packing up the things for Ryo is difficult. He's out there having a battle with my trainer while I'm here taking back our belongings. It took me half an hour for bringing our belongings to the car, walking back and forth from the motel to my car. It's only a few bags though, but it's still heavy. Placing the remaining bags in the back of the AE86, I stepped into the driver's seat before starting the car. Alright! Let's go home! Driving down the Sadamine to return back home, I glanced at my rear view mirror and noticed that there's a Honda Integra Type R behind me.

I hope that's just a normal car. After all, I'm driving in the middle of the night, and the roads are dark. Then out of nowhere, I felt my car being hit by the car from behind. I glanced at my rear view mirror before pressing hard on the gas, speeding up to pull away from the DC2. I sweat a bit as I try to focus on the road, ignoring what just happened. Maybe it's just an accident, and it's something I shouldn't worry too much about.

I glanced at my rear view mirror again and noticed that the DC2 is at the same pace as mine, tailing me from behind. What? What's going on? Does this DC2 want to battle me? Hmph! I know I'm in a hurry, but let's speed things up to get home faster! I shifted gears and pressed hard on the gas, driving fast on the roads and occasionally braking to turn into the corners or the first section of the downhill of Sadamine. Approaching a hairpin, I braked and drifted into the hairpin. I glanced at the rear view mirror once more, sweating as I realize that the DC2 is drifting into the hairpin the same way as I am.

They're perfectly in sync with my AE86 Levin! Leaving the hairpin with the DC2 still on my tail, I pressed hard on the gas, trying to pull away from the DC2 behind me. Something is wrong with this car. It's making me feel anxious, and it's terrifying me. Then I felt it again, the DC2 bumped into my bumper as I was entering the corner, making me lose control over my AE86 for a bit before gaining control once again.

Something is definitely wrong.

[??? Pov]

I chuckled, tailing the poor AE86 Levin from behind. I've been following you Aki ever since I found out that you have one particular weakness, and that is someone stalking you. Approaching a hairpin, I watched as the AE86 in front of me braked and drifted into the hairpin. Using my special ability of the driver's eye, I copied the movements of the car in front of me syncing it with my car. We both drifted into the hairpin the exact same way as how the AE86 Levin drifted. This has been gone for so long, and it's time to end it!

I pressed hard on the gas, remaining on the tail of the AE86 as close as possible. Approaching a corner, the AE86 in front turned, and that's when I made the move. I pressed hard on the gas and bumped into the bumper of the AE86, making it lose grip and slip to the outside lane of the corner. I took the inside lane and managed to overtake the AE86 Levin. Now time to pull away!

[Aki's Pov]

Being overtaken by the DC2, I immediately activated my driver's eye, in hopes of catching up and overtaking the DC2. This DC2 is giving me bad feeling, and I have to end this battle quick or else I won't get home easily. This reminds me of that night when I was... I don't want it to happen again, so I have to do this! I need to overtake this DC2 so I can pull away. Then all of a sudden, the DC2 in front of me braked, and that's where I realized something.

Is this a feint brake? After all, the DC2 has been acting jerk throughout the whole race, so this must be a feint brake. With the driver's eye and my knowledge of understanding, I switched lanes and pressed hard on the gas, slowly overtaking the DC2.

[??? Pov]

Kuso. It didn't work. I pressed hard on the gas, trying to pull away from the AE86 as it slowly overtakes me from the other lane. Approaching a hairpin, we both braked and drifted in sync, but that's when I realized that I failed something. I can't copy the AE86 Levin from this angle! Drifting in the hairpin, my DC2 is losing on the outer lane. The AE86 Levin managed to overtake me from the inner lane. Leaving the hairpin with the AE86 Levin in front, I smirked and pressed hard on the gas, tapping the bumper of the AE86 before releasing slowly from the gas, letting the AE86 Levin pull away from me in the roads of Sadamine.

I'll eventually come back for you, Aki.

[Aki's Pov]

Sweating, I glanced at my rear view mirror and realized that the DC2 disappeared from my tail. I sighed in relief as I shift gears, driving normally as I leave the roads of Sadamine.

Tonight was a mess...

[Ryo's Pov]

"Tonight we bring you weather reports. According to the weather forecast, there will be continuous heavy clouds over Gunma. Expect sudden light to heavy rainfalls over the next few days, and at the end of the week. Stay in doors and remain warm as the temperature will decline as the night hits along with the rains." The news anchor from the news stated.

So it'll be rainy for the next few days like usual this week. I slowly got up from my bed as I hear a knock on the front door. It must be Aki! I quickly ran out of my room and towards the front door, opening it and only to be welcomed by Aki's hug.

He looks terrified, I wonder what happened.