- 𝟖𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     RHAEGAR BAYED, grabbing daryl by the sleeve and pulled him back out to the walker's way. the three broke into a run outside where they were beginning to get surrounded by a hoard of biters.

     aaron spotted a possible exit for them under a trick, "this way!" he yelled.

     "come on." daryl hissed to the dog. rapidly, he dropped into a crouch crawling under it with the two men behind. the walkers followed behind them.

     the marksman spotted a chain on the ground, wrapping it around his knuckles. when he slid out from under the truck, he whipped it, beheading three walkers at once.

     the german shepherd stuck close to daryl as they thundered through the courtyard climbing into a car that rhaegar had barked at and shut themselves in. biters overcrowded them, trying to get inside the car.

     rheagar whined between them, the space quite cramped.

     "the glass will hold for a while, right?" aaron asked, fearfully.

     "maybe." daryl replied, looking around, his knife grasped tightly in his hand, "maybe we make it so that they can't see us. in a couple of hours, something will come by they'll follow it out. there's gotta be something here we can use to block the view."

     the recruiter glanced below them picking up a piece of bright yellow paper, "we can cut up these seats."

     the paper read: bad people coming, don't stay. it's a trap.

     that explained it all.

     they'd been sat in there for quite a bit, the walkers still trying to get at them. daryl laughed to himself pathetically, thinking if this was going to be his last day and if he'd ever see rosaline again.

     "what?" aaron turned to him, bewildered at how he found the situation funny.

     he looked at his lap, "i came out here because rosaline told me to since i feel all closed up back there. even now, this still feels more like me than back in them houses. that's pretty messed up, huh?"

     "you were trying, just like she'd asked of you. she wants the best and priorities you." the man clarified.

     "i had to. i love 'er." daryl muttered.

     aaron shook his head, "no you didn't. listen, i saw you with your group out there on the road. with her. then you two were on your own at the barn. storm hit and you led your people, your girlfriend to safety. i knew i had to bring you people back."

     he hummed.

     "you were right. we should have kept looking for that guy in the poncho. i shouldn't have given up. you didn't."