- 𝟒𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     EVERYONE IN the cell block had been made aware of the prisoners presence. it unsettled them, but hershel was the top priority, so nobody could see what they wanted, or what they were planning to do apart from the three that were already standing there; desperate to guard them against getting inside.

     rick and glenn had attended the situation, hearing the voices of the prisoners get louder and much rowdier than before. they weren't impressed, to say the least, there was too much on their hands to be dealing with people who had no clue about what had been going on in the outside world for the past year.

     suddenly, rick stopped to speak to the korean, uttering a few desperate words about him being there for when hershel passes - if he does. maggie and beth would need support. glenn stayed while he ran out.

     "there ain't nothing for you here! why don't you go back to your own sandbox!" daryl argued, starting to get angrier by their or the single prisoner's disobedience.

     rick joined in, "hey! everyone relax, there's no need for this."

     "how many of you in there?" the prisoner with the gun asked.

     "too many for you to handle." rick shot back, trying to deter him from even bothering to check.

     he looked hesitant, "you guys rob a bank or something? why don't you take him to a hospital."

     again with the cluelessness.

     rosaline groaned, "hey short fuse, why don't you look around? there are no running hospitals. everything is gone. dead people are walking."

     they turned to her stunned, "what do you mean?"

     t-dog, daryl, and rick looked at each other for a moment.

     "how long have you been locked in the cafeteria?" rick asked, suddenly understanding their lack of knowledge.

     "going on like ten months." the long-haired one answered, looking back and forth from them.

     "a riot broke out. never seen anything like it." the tallest one mentioned.

     then the ginger spoke with a strong southern accent, "attica on speed, man."

     "just like what the girl said. heard about dudes going cannibal when they died and then came back to life. crazy."