- 𝟏𝟑𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     WHEN ROSALINE awoke, daryl was absent and visenya was in her cot across the room, also asleep. a blanket was resting on her, too, providing her the warmth she would have been missing from when he'd left. he had probably placed visenya there so she wouldn't fall off if rosaline were to turn over.

     the woman figured she could get some more sleep until the baby would stir awake. so, she closed her eyes, letting rhaegar and horizon cuddle up at her feet together. eventually, a high-pitched cough roused her from her sleep. her daughter was awake and waiting patiently to be taken out of the cot, fiddling with her toy tiger.

     "up up." rosaline cleared her throat, getting the dogs to shuffle away from her legs so she could get up. the brunette stood up, scooping visenya up in her arms and walking into the kitchen, getting her feed prepared.

     whilst the toddler suckled on the bottle rosaline could hear daryl's hushed voice outside, "you're not getting lydia involved. that kid's been through enough." he hissed.

     she could easily figure out who he was talking to. carol. she would do anything to destroy alpha's credibility. rosaline was slowly beginning to understand that the older woman was willing to make any sacrifice just to ruin her.

     after a while, the door opened and in came carol. she turned to rosaline, "lydia in here?"

     "upstairs." she answered, going up to the steps, "lydia!"

     within a few seconds, the girl was downstairs. there was a look of confusion present on her face, "yeah?"

     "come with me." carol requested, walking outside.

     rosaline watched them walk out the door, placing the bottle down on the counter to look out the window. daryl was waiting outside and as the curtains moved, his gaze shot to meet her's. the marksman gave her a wave of dismissal.

     today was going to be a long day for him.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     daryl managed to return late at night and slept with her until the morning. however, when they awoke, the first thing they received was bad news. dante had killed siddiq. at first, when rosaline received the message, she couldn't believe it. the two worked alongside each other and were considered close friends. her husband had to initiate a questioning, which she joined him in while one of the citizens from alexandria offered to watch over visenya and r.j. until she returned.

     inside the infirmary, daryl slammed his fist on the man's chest. a spot that rosita had pierced deeply with a knife, "hope that hurts." he snapped.

     the two mothers were talking between each other, rosa curious about how well coco was doing after last night's events. siddiq had reanimated, going for coco, and rosita's instincts kicked in, managing to save her daughter. the shorter brunette admired her for it deeply- if that happened to her and she had to put down daryl she'd be destroyed.