- 𝟏𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE LAY in the dark, rhaegar at her feet. her eyes focused up on the ceiling. carol was sobbing whilst andrea was fiddling with something at the table - she just couldn't work out what. daryl was camped out on the floor, trying to get some sleep.

     though, the sound just seemed to keep the man up. the small girl also wanted to sleep but she couldn't above the sounds of the two women.

     getting sick of it, daryl sat up and let out a breath then stood up grabbing his crossbow. rosaline watched him but chose not to say anything, "i need my clip now. i'm gonna walk the road, look for the girl."

     "i'm going," rosaline muttered before andrea could say anything. the black dog's head perked up as he heard what she had said, staring at her with big eyes. she stood up, carol's gaze following her.

     daryl turned towards rosaline and stared at her for a moment. slowly he nodded to her and then to carol. swiftly, the two followed him out onto the highway as he shone a flashlight into the woods. he threw an extra one to rosaline.

     fortunately, she caught it. if not, it'd break and that'd just add on to the embarrassment. that's not what she wanted - especially in front of daryl - who already seemed pissed off as it was.

     rosaline didn't know why she felt the need to prove herself useful to him. so far she had been doing a good job of taking care of herself, but she felt as if that was not enough. she wasn't like daryl who was practically a master at the crossbow and the skills of hunting as well as tracking. he was valuable.

     all rosaline had was rhaegar. he was the reason she got along in the apocalypse. her thoughts were interrupted as daryl spoke to dale, "we're going for a walk to look for the girl, shine some light in the forest. if she's out there, give her something to look at."

     "you think that's a good idea right about now?" dale asked, shaking his head slightly with worry. it was the best time. if sophia was stumbling about out there in the dark forest with no clue of where she was at - it was a perfect time.

     "dale we'll be fine and this is one of the best moments to do that," rosaline reassured and then nodded to daryl beginning to walk forward whilst whistling rhaegar over so he tailed behind slowly. the redneck stalked behind her.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     the pair slowly continued forward, eyes scanning their surroundings carefully as the forest was not lenient, hence their vision being so terrible. as a few branches snapped, the marksman pointed his crossbow at the source of the sound whilst rhaegar growled. however, it only proved to be a bird that burst out of the bushes at the sound of them approaching.

     sighing, rosaline gripped the beautiful blue cloak that daryl had found her tighter, "she can't have gone far..."

     "hell knows, but we're going to find her. that's that." the redneck grunted as he marched onwards, scanning the ground for fresh tracks.