- 𝟐𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     IN THE afternoon, everyone was back at camp. well, except andrea and shane. although, nobody seemed to question it. lunch was starting to be prepared, there was not much to do around camp. rosaline thought about giving daryl another visit but she didn't want to be pestering him.

     before she could think, her feet dragged her towards the redneck's tent. poking her head in, she saw him resting, eyes closed. rhaegar's head resting on his lap. however, with her entering the tent, it raised, earks perking in curiosity.

     "i thought visiting hours were over." daryl said, startling her.

     rosaline sighed, "sorry."

     secretly, daryl appreciated the fact that she came to see him so often. yet he wouldn't tell her, the words from the illusion of his brother back at the creek echoed in his mind.

     you're nothing but a freak to them.

     redneck trash.

     that's all you are.

     they're laughing at you behind your back.

     "so what you here for?" daryl asked, averting his gaze.

     "to talk."

     "well i ain't exactly much of a talker." he scoffed. daryl was hoping that the girl would just eventually give in and leave him be.

      truthfully, that isn't what he wanted, but she made him feel angry at himself. that he can't keep up with her amount of enthusiasm, how she treats people. in the end, he was daryl dixon, he needed nobody but himself.

     rosaline shrugged, "you don't have to be. it was my choice to come here."

     "right. where you been?" daryl muttered.

     "shooting practice. speaking of, i actually got some shots in with that bow i found. the way you taught me was pretty good." the girl started to tell him, "so thanks."

     "don't mention it." daryl said, beginning to fiddle with the same arrow he'd been holding all day.

     she glanced at his head. there were fresh bloodstains on the top of his head, some that needed cleaning. if he let that blood sit he could eventually get an infection. rosaline knew this, "you know that you need to redress your wounds, where's the dressing that hershel gave you."

     "i took it off. i'll do it again later," he said.

     "no i can do it for you now. i studied for a medical degree before the whole world went to shit, so i know a bit about medicine here and there." rosa offered, "you do have the stuff here right?"