Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen / Harper's pov

Once we entered the house, it was quite. Mom not being here makes this all harder. There's silence, no heavenly smell from mom's little goodies, No music playing in the background softly and whenever we enter the house she always greeted us with a big smile on her face.

"Are you hungry?" Bryan ask making his way to the kitchen. He takes out some noodles putting it to boil, then takes a pan and starts adding in the four ingredients to make white sauce, with his extra special two ingredients.

"Is it okay if I leave you to do that? And go and shower. You can..wait Bryan we need to clean up those wounds." I walk over to him as I say that and turn off both stovetops, pulling him by his arm to the bathroom.

"Harper come on you're hungry." He protest and I glare up at him,telling him to quit being stupid.

Sure I'm hungry but let's be sensible here, I need to get this bullets out carefully and patch him up good. I need him to be okay so I can be at ease.

"Just please let me do this." I say as I push him down on the closed toilet seat. Reaching for the first aid kit that's inside the cupboard under the sink. " This is going to hurt, so I'm so sorry in advance."

"It's okay. Just make it fast." He says then flashes me his perfect whites.

***

It's been about five hours since we've been at home. Which means it's about five o'clock now. We've eaten, taken a nap, tidy up the place a bit and then I called mom and told her everything that I could about what happened after that we even watched a comedy to cheer mostly myself up. It was White Chicks, that movie always gets me, no matter the amount of times I watch it. The credits are running now and I move myself out of Bryan's lap, we've been cuddling.

"I'm craving something sweet." I voice as he messages my head making a moan slip past my lips.

He chuckles, "Then let's make some cookies or cake, your choice."

REALLY?! Never thought Bryan would bake with me. But then again his done a lot of things he probably wouldn't have done two months ago.

"Okay cake, Ohh red velvet cake!" I exclaim excitedly and sit up, moving onto Bryan's lap again.

"And then maybe we could drop some for your mom?" He suggests while caressing my thigh and i present him with a big smile. That would make her really happy, I do want him to spend one last day with her. She just adores him and I know she printed a soft spot in his heart." Let's get baking then." He says spooning me up bridal style in his arms to the kitchen and I giggle.

New thing, not that fond that I do it but I don't mind if it's because of him. I know this two months has seemed to go so quickly but in reality it has been the best two months of my life, the time period not really mattering.

We've become friends with benefits, but I know it's not called that anymore since I admitted my feelings to him this morning and vice versa. We have opened up to each other about certain things that was okay to share. Other than that there was still cupboards full of skeletons on my part for Brayn I can't say but I know there should be something he felt he wasn't ready to share yet and that's okay. I know we only have about seven hours for the rest of the day and then only twenty-four hours for tomorrow, it's a little really a little but there's now no doubt that one day, when the time is right we will be having each other's arms around our necks again.

He puts me down on my feet once we enter the kitchen. Both moving around it as we get out the ingredients and neatly place them on the island. It's small but it doable. I still am wondering why we were given such a small house. Can't now though, not going back for four months after this and then I'll probably have already forgotten asking by the time I could head back to the station.

"I don't see any vanilla extract." I say as I close the cupboard with the small baking ingredients in. Bryan turns to me, giving me a weird look and I raise a brow at him.

"Who throws vanilla extract in a red velvet cake?" He laugh and I squit my eyes at his back.

"I do! So does my mom! It gives flavor, you don't need much just a little to give it a kick." I make my way to the island and pick up an egg, cracking it in the bowl. I continue doing so with the other three.

"Well we don't have any right now so too bad." He pouts at me and I roll my eyes, idiot. He lifts the flour and uses the measuring cup to measure out two hundred and fifty milliliters of it, but then he almost does something that would've freaked me out... He almost through it in the bowl with the eggs.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!." I yell at him stoping his hand

"What why?!" His eyes widen and I would've laughed if he didn't almost to the unthinkable. I mean some wouldn't consider this a bad thing, but I would.

"You never ever, never mix a dry ingredient with a wet ingredient at least not until all the wet ingredients are already mixed, now I don't want you to mess up my cake so please be a good boy and sit down while I finish this." I explain and watch as his face turns from surprised to amused in seconds.

"Okay I knew that, so knew that but I will take a seat and watch you bake, it's buy time that I do the lazy and you work." He rambles and does what I asked, I nod at him in appreciation.

I then take the milk measuring one cup and half of it and heat it up in the microwave for about fifteen seconds. I continue with the oil afterwards and then my dry ingredients which consists of Flour, sugar, baking powder and Cocoa power. The last would be the red food coloring.

I might not know how to cook but I can sure bake. It's one of the other things I've loved learning when I was younger and something mom use to love teaching me about but then dad would complain that I took up all her time. He really was a pain in the ass.

When I put the batter into the pan I feel arms wrap around my waist. When did he get up? Guess I got a little too focused.

"We have a timer and we aren't exactly slow either when it comes to our job or the bedroom." Bryan whispers right next to my ear and I feel my body tremble from his statement.

He starts to kiss my neck, sucking on my weak spots and I let a loud moan roar throughout the house, closing my eyes in pleasure.

"Okay, let me just...oh God Brayn." I grip onto his arm that is currently my support for standing and throw my head back onto his shoulder as his one hand messages my breast. "Bryan please let me - aahhh - put this in the - oh shit- oven first."

He lets me go and my body suddenly feels cold but is still filled with warm burns from his lips and hands. I quickly put the pan in the oven and set the timer. When I turn to Bryan again I jump into his arms, cathing him by surprise but he holds me up as my mouth starts messing with his ear lobe, nibbling away on it, making him grunt.

He walks us to the bedroom and let just say things went from zero to one hundred real fast.

AUTHORS NOTES: Hiiiiiiiii! Guys! It took me only an hour and a half to write this chapter, I'm so proud for not being slow for once. Anyway we have like thirteen or maybe Fourteen chapters left. Doesn't seems like a lot now does it? Who am I kidding it does, anyway enjoy, vote, comment and stay shining ⭐

Peace out sparkling team 🌟