Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve / Harper pov

"So you dropping them at the airport right?" Bryan repeats as he shrugs on his suit jacket.

Whenever we visit the Vikings, Bryan has been dressing up in a tuxedo and Oh My God may God bless this good looking hunk of a man, me being  me always takes a peak. I never regret it, those tattoos that adorn his chest, upper arms and lower back always makes me want to run my fingers across them. Placing my belly on my stomach tightly and slipping into my white cotten dress. I can't believe up till now how real this looks, I really look pregnant.

"Yup, when I get back to pick you up be ready to leave, Remember what you have to do while you are there though. Can you zip me up please?" I ask and he turns around answering yeah.

When his eyes fall onto my body, he says nothing but the look in them makes my heart beat louder. It's not a lustful look, no it's something different...a different emotion that has me weak in my knees, has my heart doing flips, giving me those ridiculous fluttering butterflies in my stomach, that emotion where I know that I Harper Davis has officially fallen in love with Bryan Hills. The Agent I hated even sharing a glance with before, the one who annoyed me to hell with his presence. He was, no he is dangerous but somehow in some way I have tripped and picked up his charm, fell right into him with open arms.

But one question will always remain until I get the answer of it that is. Does he feel the same way? Or am I just trapped in a battlefield stranded....

The answer lingers somewhere within us.

"You look breathtaking." He whispers his voice dazed off a little and his fingers glide down my back pulling the zip up. Clearing his throat, I smile when he clearly tries playing it off," Yeah you have repeated yourself thrice already Harper."

I believe I have but only because I have a feeling in my gut something isn't going to turn out as we planned. Our plan was honestly simple, get Dianna and the girls on a plane and out of New York then while Haze and Bryan stay behind, Bryan gets his hands on or finds anything useful while he is there. I pick him up and we leave. Whatever we find will help us better with what we needed to prepare ourselves with, we don't know how Haze works and supposedly Bryan actually has a job with him in the next two days. So if all goes well it stands, if it doesn't.... Who knows what will happen

"I know I'm sorry I just have a gut feeling something is going to happen, something we are not paying attention to." I bite my lip and look at his face, begging him to tell me we going to be okay.

He smiles gently, holds both my hands with his and places a kiss on both," I promise whatever happens I'm right there with you and I will not let anyone hurt you. Okay?"

His making promises to me, he has never made promises before. I know I can trust him, of course.

"I can fend for myself Bryan. I just please don't go dying on me just yet. I still need to prove that I am stronger than you." I croak out, tears already falling while a grin is plastered on my face.

"Oh yes we do. I'm made of steal, no one ever tell you that?" He chuckles wiping at my tears and cups my face.

Right there in that moment, I knew I shouldn't have done it but I did. I kissed him lovingly and when I pulled back leaning my forehead on his, my hands placed on his chest... I whispered the three words I knew I could never ever take back.

"I love you."

I closed my eyes as soon as what I done strikes me, waiting for the rejection but none came.

"Open your eyes Harper." And I did. He was smiling? I'm so scared right now. "Do you know how much I hated you before this? My god woman I could've thrown you into a wall. I'm glad I never did though." He hand caresses my cheeks as he speaks

He is glad?

"What are you trying to say?" My voice is hesitant as I don't want to imply the wrong assumption. Since it's my thing.

Sighing, he looks into my eyes and with a steady-ness in his voice replies "That I uh, *clears throat* I think I feel the same way."

Stunt I am, my eyes widen as my heart quickens. What? Did he just? Did I really hear him right? He hates woman but he fell for me, someone out of the ordinary.

"Pinch me." I whisper " Ouch, idiot I didn't actually mean it!" I yell but there's a griddy smile on my face.

"So glad we're back to insulting each other." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"Do you really?" He nods, not trusting his voice.

Nothing can explain how overwhelmed I feel. How glad I am to know that maybe this time it's really going to stay this way for hopefully a while. I lean towards him and press my lips to his, the electrifying sparks making me jump.

"As much as I would love to continue this we have to leave. But later when we get back home, baby you're in for a ride." He says in my ear, biting it and boy did that turn me on.

I glare at his back as he walks out of the room and mutter under my breath.

This sly bitch.

***

Placing their suitcases neatly in the trunk of the car and shutting it. My eyes find Bryan's as he stands beside Haze who seems so unbothered by saying goodbye to his family, prick.

He sends me a smile and I smile back slipping into the drivers seat. Looking into the rear view mirror I tell the girls "Fasten your seatbelts".  Turning my head to Dianna I notice she's been really quite since we got here, did he say or do anything to her?

" You good?" I ask starting the ignition and driving off with a wave to the men.

" Oh yes. Thank you again so much for this." She smiles but it's not all the way there. Something is really not right.

But I don't question it. My main priority is getting them to safety and it's all my focus should be on and a lookout.

--
About twenty minutes later I pull into a parking spot, parking the car and turn in my seat to the girls," Ready for your vacation?" I grin

They nod and squeal" Yes"

" Right then let's get a move on shall we." Dianna says smiling at them and we all exit the car.

Walking into the airport was a little chaotic, it was packed. But the second I watched them get on that plane I knew a weight was lifted from my shoulders. Their smiles and excited waves send a relief to me.

***

Parking the car in front of the Vikings residence, I wait for bryan. I texted him saying I'm on my way. He read it but no reply.

My stomach turns when I read what he typed.

'come in.' - Bryan

This wasn't part of the plan. He was suppose to be outside waiting when I got here. Trying not to fret about it, I make my way out the car and to the front door.

The second it's open Haze overbearing height comes into my view and my panic puts a pain to my chest.

Bryan...

"Get inside now!" He shouts and he waves his gun in the direction of Bryan.

I intake a deep breath and stop myself from grabbing my own gun from my thigh hostler at the sight of Bryan.

Beaten.
Shot in the shoulder.
Strapped down by two men.

When he found my eyes, he smiled and mouthed a " I'm sorry"

AUTHORS NOTES: I'm hungry. Wrote this chapter at 4:23 in the morning, it's now 6:03 😂 damn I took forever. Anyway what do you think happens next? You'll find out in the next chapter. But do take a guess. Anywayyy enjoy, vote ,comment and stay shining ⭐

Peace out sparkling team 🌟